My eclectic painting habits

igirisujin

I have spent the best part of this month working on this quality figure. I bought it back when I was a teen and the mniature was released.

Here are the before and after pictures.

igirisujin

Next up is a classic Balrog/demon by Nick Bibby circa 1982. I have had this one since I was given it in 1986 and finally got round to stripping the paint and repainting. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of the before, so here is the result of my efforts.

symphonicpoet

I love what you did on the bases for the minotaurs particularly, and yes, that demon came out very well. Very vivid! :)

igirisujin

Thank you for the kind words. The figures were a joy to paint. I have been experimenting a bit with my basing techniques.

symphonicpoet

If you're gonna play with hexes, you've got to have a wizard in the band!

Wait . . . I think I just referenced a country tune. (Not even a particularly good one.) Very sorry about that. Please forgive me.

Neat group of adventurers. Those are some great looking old sculpts, and you're telling a truly classic fantasy story with all this lovely. :)

igirisujin

Some more adventurers to go out into the wild places.

Can the survive the beast that lurks in the dark for them.

The dread Ambull

Sleepysod

Was casually scrolling through thinking "mmm nice", and then I got to the ambull and I said out loud "mmm nice!"

igirisujin

Thanks. I am not the most confident of painters and it is always nice to hear positive things. I am really happy with how he came out. The poor fella had sat in my storage tin for far too long and deserved a facelift.

symphonicpoet

In answer to the original question . . . no, they cannot. Not unless they have a lot more firepower than it looks like. Or maybe if they all run in different directions. Then at least some of them might survive. (You don't have to be faster than the ambul, just faster than the adventurer next to you.) Great bunch of characters and a really nice ambul! :)

igirisujin

Quality answer to my question. I will be using the Ambull as the final monster in a dungeon crawl that I am running next month. Let`s see how many players he kills.

igirisujin

The scorpion man strikes.

I do think that I am going a bit too subtle on the flesh highlights, or it could be my photography.

Perhaps, these are better shots.

Help is on the way.

Horror lurks in the dungeon.

Remembering the fallen

The figure was suffering from quite serious lead rot. After removing the bad metal there was a lot of damage and I thought it would make a better statue. A shame, but at least the miniature will still be used.

Back