WFB3 Chaos Dwarf Ally Contingent

So, I've got another lockdown project finished, part of my push to at least make a dent in the leadpile and not buy any more models for a while. (I haven't succeeded, but I didn't buy any models for this project, at least!)

DSC04477.jpg

This works out to about 1000 points of Chaos Dwarfs (not including magic items etc) as an ally contingent according to the 3rd Ed Warhammer Armies book.

First up is the leader, Dravagnak Arach-Nurzal, a Lvl 20 Chaos Knight. As well as the Mark of Nurgle, his initial mutation is 'crossbreed' with 'Giant Spider', giving him M5, a save of 4+ and causes Fear in all enemies under 10' within 6", however he must take a Panic test if attacked by fire weapons:

DSC04483.jpg

Second in command of the contingent is Rhabak Plagueseer, a Lvl 15 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer:

DSC04485.jpg

Next is Gharkad Filthheart, a Lvl 10 Hero, to be attached to either infantry unit as required:

DSC04486.jpg

The first unit is 7 Chaos Dwarf Berzerkers. (as the force are Nurgle devotees, the units are in multiples of seven)

DSC04498.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

One of the models (second from right) is actually a non-chaos model, King Gorrin from the old Dwarf Lords of Legend box set, but he looked suitably crazed and worked quite well when dirtied up and painted with rust. I had to use him as I was a few Chaos Dwarves short to fill out the unit numbers, there are also a few in the next unit, too.

The main bulk of the contingent is a unit of 21 Chaos Dwarves with Light armour, hand weapons and shields:

DSC04504.jpg

Because there's three ranks and they're tricky to see, here's each rank photo'ed separately:

Third rank:
DSC04506.jpg

Second rank
DSC04508.jpg

First rank, with the leader and standard bearer:
DSC04510.jpg

And a close up of the standard bearer:
DSC04519.jpg

The rest of the force is all artillery, First up is a mortar:

DSC04488.jpg

DSC04489.jpg

Next, a swivel gun:

DSC04492.jpg

DSC04493.jpg

And finally, a Bazuka team:
DSC04496.jpg

I've had plenty of fun with conversions and green stuff with these, and it's nice to get some paint on a big pile of lead I've had hanging around for years. There's more photos and assorted waffle on my blog, if you're interested: https://port-imperiale.blogspot.com/202 ... ngent.html
DSC04497.jpg

EricF

Administrator
Amazing. What a warband, the classic chaos dwarves have always been a favourite of mine, although my own lead pile only has a couple of classic models (procurement of Darkling Games Chaos Dwerg set did add to the pile a year or two ago). I really like the spider conversion and the rust effect you've done on the armour and weapons. Very effective.

Plaiecivile

That spider-dwarf-centaur is flawless, a very good execution!

So far your chaos themed warbands are all very tasteful, keep up the good work!

dazza36

A beautiful (if that's the right word !) warband. The Spider-dwarf is just pure genius, a great idea, brilliantly executed and a worthy leader of any chaos army.

At the first sight I thought they were too different to be an army. I eman, too many colors. But after seeing them one by one I have to say they properly fit. Cool work.

P.S. There's a "good-dwarf" in there. Surely an spy XD

Back