MY feeble attempts at painting

igirisujin

My paint brush is on fire at the moment. I have just complete a hippogriff.

The inspiration for the colour scheme.

Caradepato

I really like how you've done your basing, and let me tell you, you're attempts at painting are far from feeble.
That is one nice birdie! What a clever idea for a hippogryph scheme, colourful, good-looking and unorthodox.

igirisujin

Thanks for the kind words. I have some other winged monsters that are going to be painted in schemes inspired but my pet birds.

Sleepysod

The Citadel elemental are all very nice - and simple paints jobs work very well on them. Shame they never made it into 4th edition (at least I don't recall them being there) and also a shame that they are so expensive on evilBay these days.

igirisujin

I am really lucky that my friend gave me a carrier bag of lead the last time I went back to the UK. A lot of the minis I am painting are from that gift bag.

igirisujin

I have done a bit of a touch up on these knights

And some barbarians, one is decidedly not old hammer but fits the group.

I have finished painting up the FF16-2 Two Headed Troll with Spiked Club Feb 1982. I am using him as a giant, the Hook twins. There is a story there, which may appear in a battle report at some point, when it has been played.

A dramatic scene.

symphonicpoet

^So far as I'm concerned Oldhammer is more a style than a particular line or vintage. And I can't personally tell which barbarian or barbarians are old or hammer and which not, so . . . OIdhammer it is! They all fit together admirably. (Though I feel the fellow really ought to show off his pecs. For the sake of completeness.)

Anyway, a great bunch all around. :)

The Fat Git

This is a really enjoyable thread. As has been said a few times here - not feeble at all! You have a very cool collection of old minis that I like very much! Keep painting them up for us (and you as well of course). :)

symphonicpoet

igirisujin":1gk4mvi2 said:
The man does seem to be the modest member of the group.
Ain't a one of them wearing a shirt. It's all equal opportunity toplessness. And his helm seems pretty comparable to winghelm to his right. It's just his arms hiding his nipples, which . . . meh. Okay. You can still see his beard, though.

Back