The Purple People Eaters, a Slaaneshi warband..

in between working on my Altheim city project, I've been painting up the odd small project as a break to stop me getting bored. This time it's a small Slaanesh Warband made up of figures that have been sat unloved in the leadpile for many years. In fact, as I think this is the very first time I've painted anything relating to Slaanesh, ever!

Anyway, here's the warband, preparing to defend their vile temple:

DSC04292.jpg

DSC04293.jpg

The warband is led by Dechala the Denied one, one of my favourite models from my least favourite GW era (mid-late 90's):

DSC04304.jpg

DSC04305.jpg

Next up is an old Chaos Beastman that I've repurposed as a Chaos Warrior and Dechala's main sidekick:

DSC04302.jpg

An Ogre provides a bit of heavy support. Whilst not particularly Slaaneshi, I've given him some colour-matched trousers to add to the theme, and a Slaanesh tattoo:

DSC04311.jpg

DSC04312.jpg

DSC04313.jpg

The bulk of the warband's firepower, however, is six Daemonettes, Slaanesh's favourite number:

fullsizeoutput-1128.jpg

fullsizeoutput-112a.jpg

fullsizeoutput-112d.jpg

fullsizeoutput-112e.jpg

And finally, just to add a bit of unpredictable madness to the proceedings, a Chaos Spawn:

DSC04307.jpg

DSC04309.jpg

DSC04310.jpg

And a few more group shots:

DSC04321.jpg

DSC04322.jpg

fullsizeoutput-1127.jpg

fullsizeoutput-112f.jpg

fullsizeoutput-1130.jpg

IMG-9234.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Plaiecivile

Oh wow! What a great warband!

Variety in miniature choice, all bound with an effective color scheme.

Also, thumbs up for including the very middlehammer chaos spawn and Dechala, their sculpt fit it very well with the demonettes.

symphonicpoet

If a Bosch painting were to come to life and walk onto a battlefield I expect it might look something like this. I am absolutely not a chaos guy, but . . . nicely done! :) Love the eyeballs on the chaos spawn in particular.

vonkortez

Happy to see Slaanesh getting some love here :grin:

Working on a Slaanesh allighned Genestealer coven atm and this is great inspiration. Very well done!

Really awesome bunch i particularly like the skin colour on the ogre/troll what paint did you use thanks in advance :)

tinsoldier71":3jtyji7n said:
Really awesome bunch i particularly like the skin colour on the ogre/troll what paint did you use thanks in advance :)

Thanks! It's actually the new GW Contrast paints, it was a coat of Guilliman flesh over wraithbone, after that I then added some highlights with Kislev Flesh paint.

And a few more members added; An ME55 Mouth of Sauron converted to be the Herald of Slaanesh, a C29 Jabberwock, and a Champion of Slaanesh:

IMG-9255.jpg

Back