3rd Fembruary Challenge

inchmurrin

Leadballoony is running the Fembruary challenge for the third time this year from https://leadballoony.com/2020/02/03/leadballoonys-3rd-fembruary-challenge/. The idea of challenge is to produce "awesome portrayals of the feminine in miniature form, as part of an ongoing conversation about how women are presented within our hobby" . As I don't blog I have shown mine for the last two years on the forum and would encourage people to join in. My offering this year is Molly the street assassin inspired by William Gibson's character of the same name from Neuromancer. No idea of the manufacturer as she came in a job lot of Inq28 types.

1051964734_o.jpg

1051964740_o.jpg

As always comments and criticism encouraged.

Nice colour scheme,but you have to increase the contrast with highlights and shading and do more with the base i hope this helps.

twisted moon

does this count?

she's a soft plastic toy that i'm using as a statue on a terrain tile i'm building.

i've tried to achieve a verdigris effect with the use of green washes, but don't know how effective it's been.

once i've finished the tile i'll post images to my wip thread.

Attachments

• Statue1a.JPG
    Statue1a.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,318
  • Statue1b.JPG
    Statue1b.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,318
  • Statue1c.JPG
    Statue1c.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,318

symphonicpoet

If this is the Right and Proper Fembruary Thread . . . I'll go ahead and weigh in.

February is also sort of officially something else in the US. So two birds, one stone. Intersectionality. In spike heels.

This was a hard miniature to paint, but I'm glad to have found her. I figure she'll be the gang leader for an oddball bunch of punks.

symphonicpoet

^Wasn't even really trying for a British pun. Which one? The two birds, one stone quip? We use that here as well. It's a useful phrase. Though I suppose under the circumstances it's really more one bird, two stones. Now that I think on it.

Really cool miniature Symphonic,where is it from it kinda looks familiar and her shield is cracking was i part of the model or did you add this yourself ?

symphonicpoet

^TS,

The model is an old Citadel LE: the Officially the "Chaos Amazon" from LE15, though I've also seen her called the "Kinky Chaosette" quite often. She's been the subject of a fair few conversions over the years, including some officially sanctioned releases. I actually wonder if she is herself not a conversion of a miniature that was released later. (Or vice versa, though given that the later miniature is the lighter and smaller of the two, I would guess the later one might have been sculpted first, but sat unreleased, waiting on the big space reveal.)

She has a cast on pin for a standard Citadel plastic shield, but I have no such shields. However . . . I did have some shields from some later fantasy frogs that I intend to convert over to spacefaring, so the shields aren't particularly crucial. So I grabbed one of those and glued it on, et voila! as they say. Problem solved! Ironically, I intend to set her down in space, but her costume is so anachronistic on so many levels I figure it will work fine. Whatever else it is, it's entirely 80s. :)

Back