New Zombie Cultists

Padre

I have now finished 20 new zombie cultists, using a mix of enamel and acrylics (I never knew this was possible). Trouble was I needed LOADS of new zombie cultists - the vampire duchess had defeated a second army of cultists, and so had now resurrected many more to serve in her army, in addition to the large regiment already serving her lieutenant Biagino.

So I started working on these 20 wondering if I was going to have to get another 40 or so, and whether I had the patience to paint them all.

ViH3UGI.jpg

I used acrylics on a white acrylic undercoat for the flesh ...

6x1ucgT.jpg

Then I black undercoated the rest in enamel and painted my more usual style in both enamels and acrylics on top.

iDLcyW0.jpg

As I was painting I had some of the now obliterated Disciplinati di Morr on the table to try and get the colours to match on their zombified versions. It suddenly dawned on me that loads of the living army were in hoods and gloves, and so you can't tell if they are alive or undead. Thus, in an instant, by scattering the undead through the body, I now had a horde of 60 zombie cultists. Huzzah!

UpFsFwg.jpg

This makes me extra happy 'cos I thought I would never get to use any of the Disciplinati di Morr figures ever again.

Padre

I forgot to add an ink wash like I did with the first 50. Acrylics are still new to me. I could see these had not come out the same, but I couldn't work out why. They look a bit better now.

I think ...

CoUwhk8.jpg

IP1IWZw.jpg

Back