Needs paint, Rogue Trader collection odds and ends

So, a general thread of random stuff I kind of went nuts on collecting over the past 3 years (Rogue trader tyranids and Space Marines go go Rainbow Warriors!). Paint will be added in time, heh.

9 Space Marine Bikes, 4 or 5 Attack Bikes, 13 Jump packs (including 5 BNIB), 3 space marine jetbikes and an assorted amount of odds and ends includinga 2nd edition terminator librarian (one of the first models I painted right there! Heh):

A tray of metal rogue trader era space marines:

Below are 4 pics of my 4 painted (2 on the left are WIP, the one 2nd from right was the test model and has less defined helmet striping {am getting really good at doing sharp defined 11 colour strokes on helmets, the way to do it is to start from the middle work your way out to get them even}) Rainbow warriors in Power Armour. Note that the varnish on the 2 to the right is almost indistinguishable from the two unvarnished on the left, this is because I found a sealant that doesn't shine or mat and stay's clear without shining light off of it. the extreme metallic sheen is part of the painting process. I polish the metal up (currently by in effect scraping a layer of metal off the whole model with a blunt nail head {am sure there's a faster way} to make a smooth polished shine) and then paint it using washes, the washes are thin enough that the metal beneath adds a natural metallic colouring to it as in effect it IS the metal showing through. Highlighting has been simple - after the 2nd coat of wash in terms of colour goes down, scrape off the edge highlights with the blunted nail straight to the bare metal then do the blue final wash over the top. It's very effective. Otherwise freehand painting everything hence chapter symbols not being identically perfect. :)

So here below we have 15 of the most sought after Exo Armoured terminators including 1 BNIB; 2 each of the other two Exo Armoured Marine Sculpts and 1 Inquisitor in Tactical Dreadnought Armour.

I could run them as two units of 10 terminators, taking the two exo armoured marines with weird back pack parts as cyclone missile launchers, I have a flamer and one of the Exo Armoured marines has a heavy weapon already, the single Banner poled (complete) Exo Armoured model as a Sgt and the Inquistor as a Sgt and bam, 2 units of 10 Terminators to be used across any edition. :)

Not shown are like 60 or 70 rtb01 space marines and 30 or 40 metal marines split as squads to paint.

Oh and look, 100 hunter slayer termagants, 3 limited release Dominators and a (severely) Limited Protonid:

I should really sit down and make a painting plan for all of this.

The model I used to prop up the BNIB Exo Armoured Marine and which no one can see in the photo's is a Temple Dog. I had no idea how rare it was till joining here, and it was in a random box of bits I got off a mate a few years ago when I acquired some warmachine stuff off him, hee. :)

Suber

Oooo, so lovely! I have some Mk.II and Mk.III Termies, but I should track a couple of those MK.I to build up a proper unit. You have quite a beautiful treasure up there!! :shock:

Suber":1sh2vsyi said:
Oooo, so lovely! I have some Mk.II and Mk.III Termies, but I should track a couple of those MK.I to build up a proper unit. You have quite a beautiful treasure up there!! :shock:

The variant of the 3 that I have 15 of are the most sought after and also thus the most expensive. Don't pay more then $35 USD for one though and see what people have on various forums as you may get lucky like I did with the yellow ones and nab them at considerably cheaper.

Golgfag1

Nice haul of classic figures, look forward to see your progress with painting them ;) ; prompts me to drag my Rogue Trader stuff out of the attic, but that would just divert me from stuff I'm already not doing! :roll: :lol:

Good luck

Paul / Golgfag1

Back