Re: Chaos stuff -08/08/2020 - Ganjee sculpted

Mutantdale

Re: Chaos stuff - 21/05/2014 - Disc riders WIP

Jellyfish sounds good or you could try the pink horror route. .

I dont recognise the 2nd bird head guy at the back where is he from?

MD

Thanks folks.

I like the jellyfish idea. I will have a look at some pics and get some inspiration.

The birdman is a Darksword miniature. Took a while to saw him off the integral base, but he seems to have survived the experience.

Don Hans

Nice - more goodies. Like the color combinations you use! /Hans

Some more followers of Zuuf which I painted up around Christmas time. These have appeared elsewhere, but I thought I would share them here.

Selwyn the spectacularly inaccurate stonethrower.
DSC00591.JPG

DSC00584.JPG

DSC00586.JPG

Selwyn is very enthusiastic about hurling projecties at the enemy, but his aim is questionable. He has a vicious bite attack in close combat, but considers it beneath his dignity to charge the enemy. The chaos goblin crewmen, being marginally more sensible than Selwyn, provide a steadying influence and help prevent friendly fire incidents.

area23

Great stuff. I don't recall the demon from LAF. looks very good together.

Blue in VT

Fantastic! I have that Stone Thrower in my lead heap as well....I think this is the first one I've seen painted up! Well done...Crooked Claw makes very nice stuff.

Cheers,

Blue

Re: Chaos stuff - 05/06/2014 - Selwyn the stone thrower

Thanks folks for your kind words, Crooked Claw do indeed make exceedingly good gobbos. I only have this one model from them but I have my eye on various others.
Pics of my chaos army are spread over three forums, but I will do a group shot some time once I have things more shipshape.

The first of the Disc Riders, Archduke Moonface, is almost finished. Hopefully one more week and they will be done.

Re: Chaos stuff - 23/06/2014 - A disc rider finished

In case anyone is interested, here is the Rewards of Zuuf chart:

D100 Rewards of Zuuf
01-03 Face of Zuuf. Causes fear +1 6''. Further attributes which change the champions face must be passed on to followers.
04-07 Face of Zuufia. Causes fear. Gains +1 gore attack.
08-13 Face of a Zuufito.
14-19 Face of a Zynx. -1 Int, +1 poison bite attack, must make a battle of wits before attacking in close combat.
20-23 Face of a Zuuficorn. +1 gore attack.
24-32 Left-right arm. As a mark of his great favour, Zuuf replaces the champions left arm for a spare right arm. +1 Ld
33-47 Tentacles. Roll a D6: 1-2 One arm replaced by a single tentacle, 3-5 One arm replaced by a pair of tentacles. +1 A, 6 An extra tentacle sprouts from the champions shoulder. +1 A.
48-51 Tail of Zuuf. +1 tail attack.
52-55 Goblinmaster. The champion has an additional leadership bonus of +1 when leading goblins. Any result on the followers chart may be substituted for 2d4 chaos goblins.
56-75 Familiar. Roll a D100: 1-10 Combat, 11-25 Focus, 26-40 Power, 41-60 Spell, 61-75 Storage, 76-00 Random spell-casting
76-80 Crossbreed with a Zuuficorn. Profile is averaged with that of a Zuuficorn.
81-85 Horns of Zuuf. +1 A.
86-88 Replaced by a goblin. The champion is replaced by a goblin of the same character level. All rewards, attributes and equipment are retained and applied to the goblin.
89-93 Mystery item. Roll on the random magic item chart.
94 Rune of Zuuf.
95-99 Silly name. Zuuf blesses the champion with a long and nonsensical name.
00 Chaos attribute (Zuuf changed his mind).­­­­­

Asslessman

That sorceror is probably th eone I love the least in my collectin but seeing how you painted him he's now crying for a repaint. He now looks like he's been picking his clothes in Skeletor's wardrobe

You finally switched for black/white checkers instead of the initial red and it does look good.
Making a reward chart table for your own god is absolutely great. I don't know the other ones by heart (I know shame on me), how many rewards are creations of your own?

This is an overall great work from background to painting and with all the little details.

Thanks Asslessman for your kind comments.
The rewards chart largely follows the standard pattern, with a few random inventions in there to spice it up.

Brown and yellow looks very striking on the warband. Never seen something befor.
My personal favourites are the Disk Riders. A bit gothic style on their discs and in my opinion the look like lords compared to the rest of the warband on their more colorful discs.

Theatralic

This is such an Great and inspired looking Force, I especially like that Rocklobba! So much Fun in those Miniatures.

Thanks for your comments Wheeling Turn and Theatralic.

The rest of the disc riders are almost there, along with another Tzeentchy character. Hope to have some action photos of them soon.

The Earl of Jabberwick green has just woken up...

The Earl is not at his best in the mornings. (He is not totally compos mentis in the afternoons to tell the truth, and in the evening he is quite hopeless) He is taking his morning constitutional in one of the courtyard of Jabberwick Hall. But something is afoot...
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3579

Re: Chaos stuff - 14/07/2014 -The Earl of Jabberwick Green

I love the irridescent quality of your jabberwock's colour scheme, it's beautiful, unearthly, and just plain skillful - very well done :grin:

Bane

Re: Chaos stuff - 14/07/2014 -The Earl of Jabberwick Green

Beautiful colour scheme and painting work on that Jabberwock - a lovely old model getting some good brush attention.

Back