Re: Chaos stuff -08/08/2020 - Ganjee sculpted

DSC00532.JPG

DSC00533.JPG

Bezrond the Belligerent (level 10 wizard with 6 rewards)
Chaos attributes: duplication, irrational fear - creatures of
good alignment, manic fighter.
Chaos gifts : mark of zuuf, eye of Zuuf, familiar (magic power)
Equipment: Chaos weapon-mighty strike

Fezrond (the duplicate)
Chaos attributes: duplication, vampire (17 blood points), horns.
Chaos gifts : mark of Zuuf, random spellcasting familiar, strength.
Equipment: hand weapon

I thought, since they were duplicates, I would go for these two variants of the 1985 chaos sorcerers. The nice thing is that the mask that Fezrond is wearing does make him look quite vampyric.

I love that familiar with the robes and the demon tail. The other familiar is by Kieran Billings, who had a go at sculpting for goblinaid and did a nice job of it imo. Simple but characterful. i enjoyed painting them. The random spellcasting familiar is a special gift of Zuuf. He fires off a random level 1 spell each turn.

Re: Fezrond and Bezrond, Champions of Zuuf

I am using this thing to represent the Chaos power Zuuf.
DSC00543.JPG

He is quite big. That is a 60mm base.

weazil

Bravo, sir! Very original idea - best I've seen for a long time. Thanks for posting.

Asslessman

Thumbs up mate! I really like the ambiance the warband has so far and the choice of restricted palette is splendid. It's rare to see nice "non bright" yellows and yours look really good. The models are also very well selected.
I want more of it please.
What is the model you used for Zuuf?

Thanks for the comments everyone. I am glad that the orangey yellow scheme met with approval, because there are many more models of a similar hue in the pipeline. I have just finished prepping the disciples of the orange redemption, so they will appear in due course. The warband of Fezrond and Bezrond is almost painted, i just need to finish off one or two people. There are no Citadel figures in there, all stuff that is currently in production.

As zoggin eck mentioned, the demon was obtained from RPE. Most of the models in my army will be stff that is still in production.

I am working out the details for the pantheon of Zuuf and special rules etc. I may post some prototype of that in due course, would be nice to get some good feedback from fellow chaos fans.

zoggin-eck

I like the orange/brown and how how subtle the bases are.

Thanks for letting us know the base size of the demon. I've almost bought it before, but assumed it was much smaller.

Don Hans

Seriously cool! Great with a new chaos power as well - love to hear more about it!

The mini you used for representing the Chaos power Zuuf is a great choise. It really looks chaotic and the same time looks different from the 4 normal powers.

Inspirational!
/Hans

Well I am honoured, to receive such comments from you Don Hans, because I have been following your chaos thread and it is quite remarkable. My stuff is like painting by numbers in comparison. But i am enjoying it. Regarding the background and rules, I have written out some of it, and the rest is part written. Some of the Rewards of Zuuf you might find entertaining. So i will post that up soonish.

I really like the look of these: very distinctive and fresh. I look forward to seeing more.

Glad you like dthem Gareth. I just finished painting some goblins today, which means the warband is now finished (started on it last September) apart from adding some touches to the top of the banner.
so here is a group shot:
DSC00578.JPG

15 humans. One has horns chaos attribute.

4 chaos goblins with irrational fear +2 of creatures of good alignment. Sneaky the goblin has technology-bolter attribute.

Bane

Love how these are coming together, the colours are distinctive and complement each other well. The goblin with the bolter has a brilliant facial expression: "look what I've got, suckas!"

mbh

otherworld cultist?

I'm really enjoying what you're doing here

Yes the cultist are from otherworld, with a few from Hasslefree and one from Fenris thrown in.

mbh

cool

I wanted a unit of those at one point until I saw the price.

I got them when they were having a bit of a sale on them. Also they threw in the cult leader and an altar as freebies cos there was a delay in postage due to kickstarter stuff. I think they are having a sale on them one now as a matter of fact. But yes they are not exactly a free givaway.

Chaos stuff - 21/05/2014 - Disc riders WIP

I have taken a break from Zuufistry to paint some disc riders. Base coats and washes done on the riders. Not sure what to do for the colour scheme on the discs. Suggestions welcome.

Asslessman

Re: Chaos stuff - 21/05/2014 - Disc riders WIP

I was somehow late on your work and I have to say I'm impressed by the consistency and overall quality of it ! I really like this style of yours.

Regarding the discs, I'd just throw some thin glazes and washes here and there on the orgnaic ones to make them look like soem sort of mutated jellyfish.

Back