Here Be Dragons

Ketil Trout

I have collected a few dragons over the last few yers and intend to post them here as I paint them up. First up is Kegox, one of my favourites.

I might not update this thread too frequently, but when I finish a dragon this will be where it goes. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• kegox other side.jpg
    kegox other side.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 2,115
  • kegox side.jpg
    kegox side.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 2,115
  • kegox.jpg
    kegox.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 2,115

Golgfag1

Re: A Dragon

And very nice it is too sir, particularly the base, something I tend to scrimp on.

Paul / Golgfag1

symphonicpoet

Oh, nice! That's a particularly well executed dragon! :) Great colors, great shading, and a heck of a base. I'm not usually over-fond of crazy scenic bases, but that one works very very well. And it's such a fantastically painted miniature. The eyes look great!

dazza36

Very nice.

Great colour choice with a lovely contrast between dragon and base. I find the larger models very daunting to paint but you sir have hit this out the park and I look forward to seeing more dragons.

Sleepysod

‘‘Tis indeed a lovely dragon. Nice mini but your colour scheme really rocks it

Kegox also has one of the best back of box stories that I can recall from that period, perhaps only beaten by the elf chariot and bugmans return.

Ketil Trout

It's taken me a wee while, but I have painted another dragon. Also a Nick Bibby sculpt, this time the earlier Asgard dragon

Attachments

• Asgard dragon 3.jpeg
    Asgard dragon 3.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 797
  • Asgard dragon 2.jpeg
    Asgard dragon 2.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 797
  • Asgard dragon 1.jpeg
    Asgard dragon 1.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 797

Tex

Absolutely gorgeous work! The variety of tones is incredible, yet they complement each other: these beasts look both real and out of an old school illustration at the same time...truly superb!

Ketil Trout

Thanks very much all. Next up a wyrm without wings, but it does have two heads, a Tom Meier guardian dragon from Ral Partha

Attachments

• guardian dragon rear.jpeg
    guardian dragon rear.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 199
  • guardian dragon side.jpeg
    guardian dragon side.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 199
  • guardian dragon.jpeg
    guardian dragon.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 199
Back