Help Identifying some figures

Just John

Anyone recognise these guys

An orc - I can't seem to find him in any catalogue
DSC_0048.JPG

A Goblin - ditto with this guy
DSC_0047.JPG

A Very Small Dude - he has 'hiro' on his tab and I don't even know where to start
DSC_0044.JPG

Blue in VT

I am very interested in that first Orc...he looks like a marauder MM20 variant but he does not appear on SOL or CCM...if you decide to move him along please drop me a line!

Cheers,

Blue

Just John

Thanks Thantsants for that on the goblin, never thought of looking in the LotR range - 1 down 2 to go. The Orc's tab is missing so he could well be a Marauder.

Sorry Blue but unless I get another he's staying in my army.

Thantsants

No worries John - thought it looked familiar.

I'd taken the Halfling's hair to be ears or something and hadn't even pegged him for a Halfling. :roll:

Thought he was some unfortunate looking goblin!

Erny

Yeah the orc is certainly marauder, the axes somehow look a younger style though. So that makes me think someone has cast up a nice conversion but the head isn't quite any single MM20 I know so perhaps you have a genuine unreleased here. Perhaps unreleased because it wouldn’t rank up?

The tummy plate too is new for any marauder orc and is possibly a bit non-marauder. Utterly stuck but great mini, shame blue jumped in first with the if you’re not interested in him post. I thought I had them all.

treps

Yes the orc is very strange, it might not be a citadel/marauder one.
The head is very "Marauder-ish", the plate on the body is in the style of Kev Adams and the axes seems strange.

After checking I don't have anything that did look like it. You should post it on Frothers or on the CCM mailing list there should be people there more knowledgeable.

Bruno

Just John

Well done that man - I never would have taken him for a halfling, ugliest one ever if you ask me. As you said Thantsants he'd be ugly even for a goblin. Oh well, guess I have to start collecting halflings now :grin:

I should have taken a photo of that orc last week. I got him and the snagga goblin in a job lot (so they cost me about 50 of your English pennies each) and they had so many layers of paint on them there was no visible detail at all. The halfling has been living in various attics for 20 years, funny thing about him is I've never seen him before and am fairly sure I didn't buy him.

I'll post back a picture of the mystery orc on Frothers tomorrow and let you know of any developments.

Just John

Right lads, shame on you all. Took the fellas at CCM literally 5 minutes to id him (That included the time it took to read my post, type the reply and include a link). ANyway turns out he's a plain old regular Marauder Orc from a flyer. Orc 17 on this flyer

198811marflyfx-1a-01.jpg

Thanks for all the help anyway - oh yeah and for getting my hopes up about him being unreleased :grin:

Erny

Wow never seen that flier and it's added another two bloody orcs that I need to get, yours included...hint, hint if you want to sell and blue isn't interested that is.

treps

I knew it was not unknown to me :
marauderorc.jpg

And from there it goes directly to the Glenzer to be stripped !

Bruno

Back