Don Hans 40k Warbands

Mason

I really like your painting style, and as I have a few Chaos Dwarves to paint soon, I may well steal that bronze idea for some of my own figures.
:grin:

Don Hans

And now for something completely different :o

First non-Chaos painted in ages: An Imperial Guard Commissar - hope you enjoy!

P1040436%2B(522x640).jpg

P1040439%2B(539x640).jpg

BangDoll

Don Don Don i'm an absolutly fan of your painting !! This fantastic and i can't wait to see your next Harlequin :) !

Rob_S

Its interesting that people are open to the idea that space marines can be any colour under the sun but Commisars have to always be dressed in black.

I am a big fan of your take on the Commisar and would love to see more of your takes on GW's non chaotics. Two thumbs up!

Unique. We thought we had seen it all in terms of imperial guard comissars and then Don Hans decided to paint one and showed us that there are whole new ways of donig things. Great stuff.

symphonicpoet

Very interesting indeed. The white wash was a bold choice, but I think it worked out well. Makes him look . . . a little strange and disturbing, which is dead on I think, and quite remarkably clear. It's not quite like he's glowing, but there's definitely something a bit off about him. I like it. And the brightly painted Commissar is a grand idea. I'd been a bit weary of both Commissars and bright 2nd Ed forward paintjobs. But by putting the two together you've made an eye-catching character.

Don Hans

Thanks you all very much!!!! :grin:

Hope to have a Harlequin up here in a not too distant future...

Thanks again!
/Hans

Don Hans

Got a bit bored with my Chaos army so will take a break from it. This got my attention toward the wonderful Rogue Trader era Chaos Renegades.

Hope you enjoy!

/Hans

P1040514%2B%2528612x800%2529.jpg

P1040515%2B%2528614x800%2529.jpg

P1040516%2B%2528622x800%2529.jpg

P1040517%2B%2528620x800%2529.jpg

P1040518%2B%2528587x800%2529.jpg

Niibl

Wow, that is creepy.
You used the same paint scheme you used for the chaos Exo-Squats but as the model is less bulky it has a far more ghostly appearence.
That is quite unusual but is looking great.

ardyer

I've been looking at some of my own renegades to paint and I've been thinking about how you would paint them. Yours came out even better than I thought they would!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ardyer

Jesus H Christ! You need help if you dreamed up that thing! I mean that in the best possible way though

Back