The Lost and the Damned

Bane

Hi all,
Having eventually found this forum and some like-minded oop citadel geeks, I thought it was about time I shared some of my stuff with you. My love from back in the late 80's was split between Orcs and Chaos; but my current reincarnation into the hobby has seen me going down the Lost and the Damned route; Nurgle warbands.

Unfortunately I sold all my old 80's and 90's miniatures off some time ago and when I got back into the addiction a few years ago, I bought some of GW's new stuff to convert with the few leftover bits that I had kept. Then I started spending way too many hours trawling ebay to try and repurchase the favourinte parts of my old collection and some additional ones that I always wanted but never had the first time around.

So, models. My first warband was generated and this is what I created (even before I found this haven of oldhammer, I was trying to recreate the old realms of chaos feel with muted, pastelle colours on new GW models)

Nurgle Champion:

An old Citadel minotaur:

5 Brigands (this first one inspired by an illustration from the Lost and Damned back cover):

And finally a heavily converted Centaur that's been inspired by a lot of John Blanche's art:

I often have this dilemma about whether to convert (in this case cut-up) old miniatures. Sometimes I can justify it because either the part of the old sculpt that I don't want to use is shit - the legs of the Palanquin rider in this case. Sometimes I can't justify a conversion at all (as with the minotaur) because the sculpt it so good. Anyway, in case you're wondering, the aforementioned palanquin is being used for my next warband which I've rolled up and just finished converting, pictures to follow.

Hopefully you'll enjoy watching the next warbands creation and expansion...
Cheers for your time!

Chico

Arhh I remember seeing these on the TWF awhile ago, rather nice conversions and paint job :)

Bane

Chico":2dgsvwfn said:
Arhh I remember seeing these on the TWF awhile ago, rather nice conversions and paint job :)

Cheers Chico. I really like the feel of this forum more than TWF, so I'll be posting here I think from now on. I don't want to be a posting slag slapping my photos all over the internet.

So here's my new warband's leader, mounted on the aforementioned palanquin:

And his band of followers (you can see the move towards my formative era of citadel chaos here):

2 more centaurs created from a Black Orc, a Chaos Warrior, some nasty plastic cold ones and a variety of bitz (both of these were inspired by a Tim Prow Nurgle warband featured in a long ago White Dwarf):

And finally 5 Brigands of various creatures and bitz:

I forgot to take photos of the Plaguebearer faced Chaos Warrior (possibly my all time favourite) and the Sorcerer with gas mask, but they haven't been cut up in any way. Phew.

Asslessman

Gosh, both modeling and painting are splendid ! You have a real identity and your style is a brilliant synthesis of all sorts of editions making one coherent project. Just what I adore.

Keep them coming !

Chico":2mpylajm said:

Me too, glad to see you here, Bane! Your conversions have a great feel, they could be right in the RoC books and look in place.

axiom

I too saw these on TWF but its great to see them again with the WIP figures. I love the pale pastel look you're achieving, can't wait to see more :)

Bane

Thanks for all the kind comments, very motivating for me. I've put some more paint on the palanquin, but I'm unsure of how to tackle all the nurglings, a range of different colours (browns, yellows, greens) or just go for different hues of the same colour.. hmmm. I'll post some pics this weekend, so you can see and help.

I'm thinking of combining these warbands into a 3rd edition chaos army, but I can't find my warhammer armies book (I may have sold it), what sort of price do they carry on eBay?

ardyer

I'd probably go for different hues of the same color with an occasional different color mixed in. That way you dint draw to much attention to the nurglings while also showing they're not all the same.

VanLoon

Beautiful. Conversions, paint job, bases, all top notch.

Think the Minotaur has to be my favourite too.

Please post lots more!

Naagruz

Great use of color & I really like the OTT rust. You elegantly pulled off the mixing of old & new bits on your conversions & I like what you have done with the bases.

Bane":2lvz92u0 said:
I'm thinking of combining these warbands into a 3rd edition chaos army, but I can't find my warhammer armies book (I may have sold it), what sort of price do they carry on eBay?
I've seen copies go for $15-$25 recently in the U.S.

Bane

Thank you all for the lovely comments, it's really inspiring me to aim to get some more painting done this weekend on the new warband. In the meantime here's some other Nurgley bits that I've previously painted:

Nurgle Herald:

Sorcerer with burning skull chaos attribute:

A troll:

3 generations of plaguebearers:

And a non-GW mini (Engima miniatures I believe):

I've got a few other pieces that need to be photographed too and I'll share those with you whenj I get around to it.

This for me is chaos miniatures at their best. Highly individual, sinister but in a fairly goodnatured lighthearted way. Great creative vision and conversion skills.

Back