Da Looney Gitz!

Frank FJA

Mischievous, cunnin’.... small, but very very EVIL!

These are some amazing minis from warmonger Miniatures.

I believe these models were sculpted by the legendary Kev “Goblinmaster” Adams, since he is credited for sculpting all of warmonger’s (and foundry’s) Orcs, orclings, etc. especially since they share the same iconic style.

Goblins have always been a favorite mythical creature of mine, ever since I was a child. Unlike most other creatures they are often associated with, like Trolls or Orcs, Goblins are not big, brutish idiots. More often than not Goblins are instead sneaky, mischievous, cunning and horribly cruel creatures that praise domination and torment over their many enemies.

*(The Gremlins movie definitely helped - poisoning my formative brain).

Warhammer goblins are something special. While in Warhammer they share many similarities with other iterations of Goblins in folklore and fiction, Goblins in Warhammer have a certain charm and character unlike any other. Kev Adams definitely helped by giving them their iconic evil sneers and devilish grinning faces, but it’s also in their lore. Forest and hill goblins who worship and ride giant Spiders - and my personal favorite Mushroom eating lunatics of the Night Goblins!

And that’s why these little lunatics are “Da Looney Gitz”. Eating poison and mushrooms while launching terrifying night raids all over the ruins of Mordheim...

This small horde of cunnin’ and cruel Goblins is led by Skabzag Shroomsniffa. Skabzag will often brew poison cocktails of Mushroom-Gog for his Looney Gitz before they raid. My some miracle Skabzag is able to make this foul-smelling ale give his fellow gobs increased perception, speed and sneakiness!

I wanted to try something different with the bases. Since these are, technically Night Goblins I decided to give them purple-rock bases to simulate some kind of weird cave they probably live in, despite not wearing the usual black hooded robes.

I also don’t really like when all Greenskinz have... well the same shade of green skin lol. So to that end I gave batches of the Gitz different shades so they would look a little more interesting on the table together.

And the little evil horde ready to scour Mordheim and beyond.

Small, sadistic and absolutely insane!

clownshoe

Really cool, loving the overall look. Slowly building a "goblin horde" of my own, this gives me some inspiration!

Back