Jeff's completed projects for 2014

Jeff McC

Finished some more skaven for the How to do Oldhammer warband.

Attachments

• skaven 4.JPG
    skaven 4.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 2,078
  • skaven 5.JPG
    skaven 5.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 2,078

Jeff McC

Newly painted necromancer. Now my skeletons have someone to point them in the right direction. ;) Not sure if it was the particular casting or if this model is sculpted that way, but the left eye was just a socket, so I tried to run with that and give it a missing eye treatment (red irritated empty socket), rather than try to paint in the missing eye.

Attachments

• Necromancer.JPG
    Necromancer.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 2,057

Jeff McC

Finished an orc chariot today. Fun to paint. It's the first time I've done wolves in quite a while and I'm pleased with how they turned out (which has me thinking about the foundry wolf riders that are hiding in the leadpile...) Also rather pleased with the rust and verdigris, I'm starting to feel like I've got those down.

Attachments

• orc chariot 2.JPG
    orc chariot 2.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 2,009
  • orc chariot 3.JPG
    orc chariot 3.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 2,009
  • orc chariot 4.JPG
    orc chariot 4.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 2,009

Jeff McC

I've also been delinquent in cross posting, so here's my finished skaven seer and command models from the how to do oldhammer thread.

Attachments

• skaven 6.JPG
    skaven 6.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 2,009
  • skaven 7.JPG
    skaven 7.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 2,009

Jeff McC

The skaven project has begun to grow beyond the original plan. (as all good miniatures projects do). I'm still trying to finish the last model for the how to do oldhammer project, but I've finished an Assasin in the mean time.

Attachments

• skaven assasin.JPG
    skaven assasin.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 1,984

bug16

Jeff McC":1qs50c80 said:
the left eye was just a socket, so I tried to run with that and give it a missing eye treatment (red irritated empty socket), rather than try to paint in the missing eye.

That's because he's a liche and he's literally rotten. :)

Naagruz

Really nice work on the Dog Cart, the archer & your Skaven. The seer with the pistol is ace! Reminds me of Andy Chambers style. :grin:

The Skaven troops are the new plastics? They look suitably sharp, mad, & rusty.

Jeff McC

Finished up my test models for my plague monks and skaven slaves today. The slave's shield is made from a bit of sheet styrene. I don't have enough old shields to fit out the unit, and I rather like the Idea that their shields are just a couple of planks nailed together.

@ Naagruz - Thanks! The skaven troops are the new plastics - my entry for the how to do oldhammer thread, I couldn't think of anything more accessible for someone starting out, and I had them on hand...

Attachments

• skaven plague monk.JPG
    skaven plague monk.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 1,933
  • skaven slave.JPG
    skaven slave.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 1,933

Jeff McC

Busy painting week with more to come - As my loving wife is supporting me attending all 3 days of BOYL, I've decided to attempt to finish all of my wood elves prior to the event. The first week's effort follows - 15 wood elf spearmen.

I didn't do quite as much with the highlights as I might have in the interest of time, but I'm still quite pleased with the results

I attempted to vary the combinations of colors to create 15 individuals, sticking with fall colors, I used a muted key color for the majority of the models, with a few with brighter colors.
green & yellow ochre

burgundy & bright yellow

Attachments

• elf spears.JPG
    elf spears.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,897
  • elf spears a.JPG
    elf spears a.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 1,897
  • elf spears b.JPG
    elf spears b.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 1,897

Jeff McC

The effort to finish* the wood elf army for BOYL continues. Happy with the results, although I did have to compromise a bit on the hounds between removing mold lines and removing detail.
18 archers and 5 warhounds have moved into the finished column.
*No army is ever truly finished, only done for now... :grin:

Attachments

• hounds.JPG
    hounds.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 1,804
  • archers 2.JPG
    archers 2.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 1,804

Jeff McC

I was a bit worried about the red, but pleased with the results....I haven't been able to bring myself to risk an orange, though.
Standards and Musicians finished in preparation for BOYL, and an Animal handler for the hounds (I know, not the "right" one, but done and painted counts for something too)

Attachments

• animal handler.JPG
    animal handler.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 1,753
  • music.JPG
    music.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 1,753
  • standards.JPG
    standards.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 1,753

Erny

For me wood elves have always had something of Robin Hood about them o a nice bright red by wy of Will Scarlet is always a must. Loving your woodies Jeff, really nice looking classic force. Your going to need some cavalry and chariots now.

Oh and super Orc dog cart, I can really see that man catcher in action.

Jeff McC

Thanks guys.

I've finished the last of the "must complete" models for BOYL; 3000 Points painted (about 2000 rank and file)
3 Wardancers

and 3 Lord's bowmen to get me to the minimum unit size of 10. The one with the helmet will be the unit champion.

Attachments

• wardancers2.JPG
    wardancers2.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 1,705
  • lord's bowmen f.JPG
    lord's bowmen f.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 1,705
  • lord's bowmen b.JPG
    lord's bowmen b.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 1,705

weazil

Magic stuff, Mr Jeff - very well done. I take it we'll get to see an army shot of the whole thing out on manoeuvres? Nice and big now - no teeny tiny pictures :)

Back