Jeff's completed projects for 2014

Darkblade

Lovely stuff Jeff. That orc looks superb.

BTW I made a cannon ball stack from green stuff, works just as well as ball bearings

Jeff McC

Orctober! Mercenary orc archers, first 10 done. Hopefully the different tunic colors will keep the unit from looking too uniform. I've 6 more in the wings that I'll add to the unit later, but I want to finish the Foundry Goblin Wolf riders I'm working on first.

Attachments

• orcs 1.JPG
    orcs 1.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 2,050
  • orcs 2.JPG
    orcs 2.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 2,050
  • orcs 3.JPG
    orcs 3.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 2,050

Jeff McC

Orctober continues! First of my foundry wolfriders finished.

sorry about the bits that are slightly out of focus, depth of field got the better of me...

Attachments

• goblin left.JPG
    goblin left.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 1,953
  • goblin right.JPG
    goblin right.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 1,953

Ti Pouchon

Haha, that Orc banner is great! Also like how the tunics come in the banner blue. All the orcs should wear that imo.

So... that's a Foundry wolf?
great paintjob, honest, but somehow the wolf looks kinda off. Like a cross between a dog and a hamster.
who's sculpted that?

Jeff McC

Wolf rider unit finished. Pleased with the results, even if the proportions on the wolves are a bit odd :)

Attachments

• wolf command.JPG
    wolf command.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 1,828
  • wolf 3.JPG
    wolf 3.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 1,828
  • wolf 2.JPG
    wolf 2.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 1,828

Jeff McC

A day late for Orctober :( , but I've finished the musician for the mercenary archers. A bit of macabre discovery last night as I was painting and realized that the goblin face on the drum, wasn't decorative metalwork, but part of the goblin used to make the drumhead. (perfect for Halloween, but slightly grossed out my daughter). Had to rethink the color of the drum head as a result, and think I've gotten it about right for flayed goblin, but not certain it wouldn't look better as a light brown.

Attachments

• orc music.JPG
    orc music.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 1,754

Blue in VT

Really great greenskins! I love them all...though I do have to agree that the wolves are a bit dodgy...buit well painted! I'm sure on the table they will look fabulous!

Excellent work.

Cheers,

Blue

Jeff McC

Thanks all.
Managed to get ahold of an old Pippin model. I've based him to match my elves as I've hopes that he'll someday command a Halfling ally contingent. (Sadly that contingent currently consists of this single model) To that end, I debated not painting him in the traditional colors of Gondor but I couldn't resist it in the end, that said, should I manage to get ahold of another, he'll be getting an alternative color treatment. (The white tree looks like it would make a pretty good broccoli)

Attachments

• pippin 1.JPG
    pippin 1.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 923
  • pippin 2.JPG
    pippin 2.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 923

clownshoe

Pippin is buck toothed! Can never have enough halflings sneaking about in my opinion! Apt they are harder to find than most old lead!

Jeff McC

Managed to complete 10 zombies for Deadcember to round out the year. Nothing terribly fancy, but it gets me halfway to the minimum unit size of 20 for 3rd edition. Brings the total for the year to 154 models painted; I think that counts as a good year. :grin:

Attachments

• zombie 1.JPG
    zombie 1.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 858
  • zombie 2.JPG
    zombie 2.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 858

symphonicpoet

In the Gondor colors he is instantly recognizable. I love him. If you put him in some other unit color how would you know it's Master Peregrin? He'll do your army justice just as he is. Very nice. Also, the blue eyes are a very nice touch.

Back