3rd ed. and Beyond!

Thantsants

Having acquired copies of Warmaster, Mighty Empires and Man O war, I've been leaning towards linking in my WFB 3rd ed. projects into a wider campaign in smaller scales; more on the subject here if you're interested -

http://teasgettingcold.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ation.html

Any how, here's the start of the Baron Kraust's grand Undead horde in 10mm.

Archers - as the Warmaster Undead units are based on the new (well to me at least!) and annoyingly Egyptian in style Tomb Kings armies, a few of these skeletons sport slightly more exotic head gear than your average re-animated Old Worlder might. Muted colours hopefully don't make them stand out too much and I'm happy to live the results than try any conversions at this scale!

100_0971.jpg

The level of detail always amazes me for such small minis,. although the arrows look more like bolt thrower ammunition!

100_0976.jpg

Must admit that I found basing a bit fiddly - any old Warmaster hands with any labour saving tips out there would be much appreciated.

100_0973.jpg

They scale up rather well with the Copplestone 10mm fantasy range - here you can see them lined up with the Half Orcs I painted up for the last Lead Painters League over on the LAF.

100_0975.jpg

I really like the Undead cavalry models - again loads of nice detail and they look generic enough to look like ex-Old Worlders.

100_0978.jpg

I went for a brighter scheme with the red cloaks than I might have for 28mm minis, which seemed to work quite nicely. A few touches of verdigris on their bronze helmets and armour gives a little contrast.

100_0979.jpg

Again they scale up nicely with the Copplestone 10mm - this time with the Horse Tribe cavalry.

100_0981.jpg

Hey, wait a minute - those are no Uruks!

100_0982.jpg

100_0984.jpg

I am hoping to eventually use the Horse Tribe chaps as some kind of Norse cavalry - perhaps a Mercenary border force? The stat line for the Marauder Horse from the Chaos army list looks like it would fit quite nicely.

Blue in VT

Looking very good dude! I agree that they seem to scale nicely with the copplestone figs....which opens all kinds of interesting, and more affordable options.

Cheers,

Blue

Just John

Thantsants

Cheers John - the 15mm giants look good. Might have to invest there...

I have seen the Kallistra and Pendraken stuff - lots of nice minis but they seem noticeably bigger than Copplestone and Warmaster which is a shame. Shouldn't be a problem for big monsters and giants as you mention.

I did buy a large mixed lot which contained quite a few Pendraken Orcs - they are bigger than the Copplestone Half Orcs but as they're Orcs you could get away with it. Their weapons however are absolutely mahoosive!

I'd be interested in seeing how Magister Militum's range compares mind - http://www.magistermilitum.com/prodtype ... istory=cat

Being a lazy sort I ignored the text and went straight to the pics and for a moment didn't realise they weren't 28's! Really good paint jobs such tiddley models. The undead cavalry are especially good.

Thantsants

Ta very much!

Actually they're relatively quick and easy because of the high level of detail - base coat, drybrush highlights and ink wash before picking out the detail and contrast colours (the fiddly bit!).

Back