The start of my WFB 3rd edition journey

DaImp

As my first proper post here I thought I would catalogue the miniatures that I have lying around in dusty boxes - some bought in the 80's some given to me over the years.
Any help in describing what it all is would be very much appreciated. I will fill in what I know of them.

First up are some Goblins. Command group from Marauder miniatures (if I remember right) and the archers from the plastics box set.

Apologies for the poor pics. Orcs with the command group from Marauder and the unit from the plastics box set

5 Chaos Warriors on foot and 3 Chaos Knights. an Ogre which if I remember correctly was given to me by Weazil

Attachments

• 195.JPG
    195.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,304
  • 197.JPG
    197.JPG
  • 194.JPG
    194.JPG

DaImp

Slaan with 3 of 4 slaves (never had the 4th slave sadly), Elven archers (I think) labelled Melinbonean on the base, a Samurai rocket launcher (there is another somewhere) and a broken Troll that might be Ral Partha (don't think it is Citadel)

More miniatures to come...

Attachments

• 193.JPG
    193.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,303

Thantsants

Hey. nice collection so far and spot on with the descriptions...

... apart from the Slann - they're worthless but I'm quite happy to take them off your hands for you! ;) :mrgreen:

Good to see the old card stock buildings in the background too.

Do you have the launcher that goes with the crewman?

http://www.solegends.com/citc/c22niprocket.htm

Not sure about that the troll though?

DaImp

I am busy making a new bunch of card buildings as I type.
Been doing a bit of research on some of the miniatures, I have 2 other miniatures for the Oriental rocket launcher but not the launcher mechanism itself. I don't think that was ever given to me.

When my camera battery has recharged I will post pics of the rest of the collection. Still lots of the plastics but there are a few interesting lead miniatures in there too.

The Slaan are apparently rather sought after then? ;)

Thantsants

Shame about the launcher but I'm sure it'd be simple enough to scratchbuild a replacement out of balsa wood.

I quite like the 80's plastics - got loads of the goblins and wood elves myself - ask Phreedh about the later 90's plastics ;)

Slann - sought after? Well I think there are one or two strange folk who are into that sort of thing :mrgreen:

DaImp

Some more of what I have lying around:

I think these are all the Dwarves I have. Plastics from the Regiments box, then next to them Bugmans Rangers Dwarf Rangers (dated 1984 on the base) plus Dwarf marked Bryan Ansell on the base (last one on the right front of the unit), then a bunch of miniatures (all lying down) that I don't know any details of. Some have a number and/or letter on the base which I think is the product code for a Citadel miniature. Not sure if they are all Citadel though.

A mixed bag here. Various animals and 3 Uruk Hai (really like these 3) along the top. Middle row comprises of various undead, not too sure where the non-slotta base miniatures come from. At the end of the row is a Dark Elf (?) who may be the rider for the small dragon below him. Bottom row is a knight (not sure which company) 2 Demons of Khorne, a Samurai and the Nipon Rocket crew, then a Dark Elf casualty (Blood Bowl?)

A whole lot that I am not sure of here. 2 lizardmen/kobold types what looks like a warrior of Chaos, a bugbear? what appears to be an early Bretonnian fighter, 2 Ral Partha models (says so on the base with the date 1979 probably the oldest models I own). Second row are seemingly all Orcs and one Goblin on the end. The scale of all these miniatures is a bit small so they don't feel like Citadel.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,277
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,277
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,277

DaImp

Easy one this, the plastic Elves and Skaven from the Regiments box

Some of the plastic skeletons... many missing, a few plastic Dark Elves from the Regiments box. Front row is a vampire and 3 heroes which I think are Dungeon Quest plastics.

Attachments

• a015.jpg
    a015.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 3,277
  • a014.jpg
    a014.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 3,277

Thantsants

The Uruk Hai are nice, but sadly, like the Slann are not worth much ;)

I like the Tom Meier lizardmen and have quite a few myself including the two you have - funnily enough their arms snapped at exactly the same point. Very fiddly to pin back on.

DaImp

SO many models that are nice but not worth anything! Almost makes me want to just give them away!

almost...

;)

I have now stripped most of the dwarves, Uruk Hai and Slaan. Now I can look at painting them. I think I am going to have a go at the Blood Bath at Orcs Drift or Terror of the Lichemaster campaigns so will need to paint up accordingly.

Harry

The Dwarf you have top row, 6th guy along ... is a bit special. He is the first ever limited edition mini Citadel did. He was released with the Warhammer first edition box set and you could only get him with the special ticket you found inside the box. But I imagine you knew that already as you have him.

Not very valuable ... but a nice bit of Citadel History.

Lots of lovely old Dwarves there. You couldn't do me a close up of the guy with the round shiled on his back?

Nice stash ... great start to your journey.

DaImp

Actually all these Dwarves were a mystery to me until I started to research them late last year. I did discover that the one Dwarf is a limited edition, which was a pleasant surprise :)

I will dig out the guy with the round shield and take a closer pic for you.

All these Dwarves were given to me years ago by a friend who no longer had any interest in the hobby. They sat in an ice cream tub for close on two decades before I got bitten by the Oldhammer bug.

DaImp

Is this the guy you are looking at Harry?

From what I can find out he is from CO6 Dwarf Adventurers

Attachments

• IMG_3942.JPG
    IMG_3942.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,784
  • IMG_39422.jpg
    IMG_39422.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,784

Harry

So sorry .... that is not the guy I was interested in.
I was looking at the guy far right second row down in your photo.

DaImp

Ah yes, I actually had him out and then thought you don't mean him. Will take some pics of the miniature when I can.

DaImp

this is the one you were looking at Harry? It looks like he was holding a hammer or an axe which has broken off. As far as I can tell he is part of the Fantasy Tribe Dwarfs set FTD3.

Attachments

• IMG_3956.JPG
    IMG_3956.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,756

Harry

Ohhhhh! So close.
It was an axe. You are correct ... He is an FTD3 Dwarf
I am looking for a particular variant of this figure.
One looking back over his right shoulder.
He was my first ever mini ... and I would like to replace him.
You can see the one I am trying to replace on the first page of my painting log. "A blast from the past".
BUT I would be interested in this guy ... if you don't have big plans for him.
(As he is the closest I have come. :cry:)

Back