Old School 40k Priest - Redemptor Kyrinov (1997)

After having spent a few weeks of focussing on expanding my Necron Force for the looming refight of the ‘Battle at Sanctuary 101’ I felt it was time for me to spend some time on the other faction in this scenario... namely... The Sisters of Battle of the Imperial Ecclesiarchy.

pdiG0Vl.jpg

I have a fair few squads of Battle Sisters painted up already so I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to focus on another character to help my Canoness lead this force of heavily armed warrior-nuns.

X0umIWz.jpg

With this in mind I managed to source a classic ‘Redemptor Kyrinov’ model from way back in the heyday of Second Edition (1997). I really love this old model as he has the level elaborate ostentation one would expect from the Imperial Church.

NQdHtKg.jpg

Given that this is such a beautiful old retro model with loads of detail, and that it will form the centre piece of my final force I decided to spend a lot of time getting it just right.

Much of this time was centred on the many, many layers of white that made up the priests robes.... and also on the ‘non-metallic metal’ gold insignia on the front of his hat.

hMam8lK.jpg

Sadly under the new recent Beta Codex this character no longer has his own rules in eighth edition, so I’ll be using him as a generic priest.

That being said I’ll be taking part in a Warhammer 40k Second Edition tournament at Oldhammer Day later in the year, so he will be able to represent the actual Kyrinov in this!

There’s more hobby related goodness on my log at:

https://classicastartes.blogspot.com/2019/04/blog-post.html?m=0

symphonicpoet

He is lovely and well painted. I have one small complaint: Old school my foot! Your old school appears to postdate my newest school. ;) All that said . . . well done! Most lovely indeed. And he's going to look the bomb with your sisters of battle! :grin:

Lol.... 22 Years Ago and Second Edition. If he was a kid, he’s be allowed to vote and drink (even in the US) so he’s Old School Enough for me!

Orjetax

Love it! My favorite detail is the icon.

Big fan of 2nd ed, too. Last five or so times I’ve gotten to play, it’s been 2nd ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symphonicpoet

Legiocustodes":539nozyr said:
Lol.... 22 Years Ago and Second Edition. If he was a kid, he’s be allowed to vote and drink (even in the US) so he’s Old School Enough for me!

All right, I'm a curmudgeon. Just stop me before I start yelling at the new miniatures to get off my gaming table. ;)

(NB: I try really really hard not to do that. Especially when they're so very well painted..)

Back