Sisters of Battle Celestians

More fighters for my impending recreation of the 1997 ‘Battle at Sanctuary 101’ have been painted this week.

This time around we have a veteran sister superior and a celestian for my ever expanding Sisters of Battle Force.

6S0sAxl.jpg

I usually mark out my squad leaders, veteran sisters and celestians with gold (as opppsed to silver) weapon casings and shoulder insignia as this makes them stand out from the hordes of other power armoured nuns!

I gave this particular squad leader a power mace as these weapons add 2 to the bearer’s strength. This bonus is vital for sisters as it brings their paltry basic strength of 3 up to a far more respectable 5 in melee.

This model’s boltgun is relatively old school and comes with a grenade launcher mounted on the underside. For gaming purposes this represents a Condemnor Boltgun in my army.

Again I am pleased with how these girls have come out and I am also satisfied with the speed at which I’m painting up the two respective forces for this ‘historical’ refight (which I am really looking forward to!)

symphonicpoet

They look like they mean business. Didn't realize the underbarrel grenade launchers had persisted. I have a bunch of beakies with home-made versions from the late 80s, but I don't really recall seeing them on terribly many official miniatures, and none new after maybe 1990. Anyway, nicely done!

This model was sculpted in 1996/1997 and I think it was one of the last with an integral grenade launcher, I think it’s the reason this particular sculpt is no longer available!

OuteRimTim

symphonicpoet"I have a bunch of beakies with home-made versions from the late 80s[/quote said:
I did too. Auxiliary Grenade Launches were great value for the points. I remember using upside-down Imperial Guard Las-pistols. Thanks for reminding me.

symphonicpoet

I just used some small diameter tubing. Don't even remember what it was from. Slightly shiny black stuff gotten from my father, I think. Insulation stripped off wires should work pretty well as a substitute should I ever need to do it again.

Back