Sadistic Nobility- Melnibonéan Warband

Frank FJA

Hello everyone!

Here’s a small Warband I created a while back for my ever growing collection of Slaanesh worshipping sadists...

Specifically here we have some of the Melniboné Infantry from the Eternal Champion model series by Citadel.

These individuals are one of my command units for my Slaaneshi Dark Elf army - The Cult of The Rising Sun.

I’ve always been a big fan of Elric Of Melniboné and finally getting some of my favorite sadists for my personal collection was awesome!

These infantry are very much at home along side any High Elf or Dark Elf modes... something I find particularly cool, especially since they truly help to keep a more ‘clean’ and sharp appearance to my otherwise jagged and barbaric Dark Elf infantry.

Melnibonéan Commanders

I love the demon-masked infantrymen in particular. Very realms of chaos, and it helps evoke the “Melnibonéan Demons” superstition many humans have.

You’ve probably began to notice that each Melnibonéan has their own muted-pastel color for their leather. I wanted each one to be unique and wildly Slaaneshi, but still fairly uniform.

Sickos ready to raid some wyrdstone...

Well, that’s all for my Melnibonéans! Thanks for checking them out!

“For as the rising sun brings the coldness of night to its end, so I have come to bring an end to toil and bitterness. Let every land set aside their Wrath and Despair, and release the empty promises of Change, for I am the Joy and Now and the Vindication of Life. I will love you as no other has or ever will, and you shall love Me in turn; with your bodies, with your minds and with your souls. I shall be your wife and your husband, your mistress and your lover, and in My arms you will find Purpose and Delight. Pleasure beyond all imagining is mine to bestow, if only you take me into your hearts"

—The Verse of Slaanesh

Just so I didn’t bombard this post with too many imagines I have a link to my Rising Sun project here if anyone would like to check the rest out, though be assured that I’ll probably be posting some of them here soon as well! : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/p ... 51863.page

Fantastic paintjob!!. I LOVE melnibonean miniatures, and your paint scheme is wonderful :razz:
I`m painting my warband, and I only need some cavalry to be complete. Stil searching Ebay :grin:

Plaiecivile

I had a couple of these and never really got any inspiration to paint them...
This is a great use of those detailed miniatures!

You could almost add the newer Sigvald the Magnificent and it would nicely blend in with your color pattern.

Keep up the good work!

Suber

Oh, that's an inspiring work indeed. I love the way you painted those metals, and, well... pretty much everything!

Frank FJA

Thanks everyone!

I spent a long time thinking about color schemes. I remembered that in the original novella the soldiers of Imrryr all had different colors, each for specific houses and such - kinda making them match the pastel and dazzling colors of the city itself (which I ended up sorta using for their leather under armor). However, I went back and realized that Elric’s personal Guard/house color was yellow - so I went with gold, which also happened to match the rest of my Slaanesh army.

inchmurrin":4nldxh9z said:
Wonderful colours and a clever use of these guys. Is that Elric without the Stormbringer?

No, however I DO have Elric in his various forms with Stormbringer on my painting table!

Sleepysod

These are beautiful. Someone else on the forum was also doing a full army,including casting some miniatures - would love to see how that turned out. On mass a full army would be an awesome sight

inchmurrin

OK who is going to put up the resident of Castle Brass following that last terrible reference? That would be me with Hawkmoon from Castle Brass.

935868928_o.jpg

Not up to the standard of the Melniboneans unfortunately.

symphonicpoet

Terrible? Me? Pshaw!

Hawkmoon will have a splendid home, no doubt. And more durable than my own glass palace. (Pay no mind to the stones. If I find I have any, I shall not throw them. Not quite sure where my beloved spouse put them anyway. I believe she is in full possession of the largest of the family's stones.)

All silliness aside, lovely work.

Micha

Great models, the metallics on the armor look wonderful. Very convincing blood effects. You should be more careful in preparing the models though, threre are some mould lines still visible, a shame on such beautiful minis.

Frank FJA

Well I’ve finished the last of the Melnibonéan Warband!

inchmurrin":ivnkjaaz said:
Well come on bring on the Kinslayer!

Elric Of Melniboné, The Kinslayer, The White Wolf...

I decided to go with something very simple for Stormbinger. I didn’t want to overdo it with a bunch of runes and sigils and instead thought that a subtle red and glossy black was enough.

As for the Elric Kinslayer sculpt I wanted to do something a little more interesting and eye-catching from the rest of the Melnibonéan Infantry. Many, many years ago I used to have a fairly large Eldar army (my very first foray into 40k) and I had a habit of painting very whimsical designs on my Warlaocks and Farseer’s cloaks and capes. Namely, I painted a weird “night sky” looking pattern on one and thought why not for Elric’s? Lol

Here’s some nice shots of the whole group... ready to serve the Lords of Chaos.

Back