Fimm's painted minis gallery.

Fimm McCool

A little thread for stuff I finish which doesn't require its own feed.

Ogres

oggy1.jpg

oggy2.jpg

http://fimmmccools.blogspot.com/2018/09/ogres.html

JonAtron

That's a really nice genuine looking 'black' armour/tarnished metal there, how do you achieve that?

These look great! The tartan is just spot on, really suits the sculpts and character! Proper good idea that.

Fimm McCool

JonAtron":2u059nr3 said:
That's a really nice genuine looking 'black' armour/tarnished metal there, how do you achieve that?

These look great! The tartan is just spot on, really suits the sculpts and character! Proper good idea that.

Thanks. They were just screaming for kilts, I mean, look at the models. There's no way that's anything other than tartan
As to the metal, that's Foundry Slate Grey A, washed with Army Painter Dark Tone then highlighted with Foundry Granite B and C.

Wonderful, as are the ones in the Wip thread. The banner is really great , is it made of yute/jute sack cloth with some kind of glue to seal it ?

Fimm McCool

Pygmy Witch Doctor":hzhfotzy said:
Wonderful, as are the ones in the Wip thread. The banner is really great , is it made of yute/jute sack cloth with some kind of glue to seal it ?

It's thin bandage with PVA glue. Thin coat to attach it and make it firm, then thick PVA applied where I wanted the folds, softening the first layer and allowing it to crease.

Tex

Impressively beautiful paintjobs!

Where can I find the ogre with spear on the left in the first pic? I know it was a Fantasy Warlord mini, which should be sold by SHQ now, but I can't find it in their on-line shop.

Fimm McCool

He's a tricksy one. He's available from Essex, but their website is terrible and the photo linked to the code they gave me for him is of an entirely different ogre! I sent them a photo of him and they gave me a code which resulted in the right ogre being sent! Feel free to send them this pic if it helps. If they have any others in that style I would be interested in picking them up too, their web store is so hard to find the treasures in!

Tex

Fimm McCool":2zxa6epn said:
So sorry! I've been telling everyone it's Essex, but it's not, it's SHQ!

Ah, ok.
That's what I had found out, indeed.
I will ask for the right ogre, then.

dazza36

Now that is a unit of pure joy I love it !! and definitely reminds my of the classic Andy Chambers horde. The warp globadiers work really well with the contrast of the green and red against the grey really gives them a sinister look. Can't wait to see more.

Back