Rogue Trader Imperial Fists

Shinnentai

Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right place to post - I'm just starting out creating an Imperial Fists army from the classic Rogue Trader era minis for use in 2nd edition 40k, and have managed to finish the first tactical squad and a captain to lead them.

As you can probably see, I've used some modern parts so I'm not a purist - hopefully this doesn't condemn me to a stoning XD

I've got one of the derpy looking dreadnoughts almost done, then after that it's another tactical squad. Thank goodness 2nd edition armies aren't very big!

Attachments

• IMG_20180422_174247969_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20180422_174247969_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 1,860
Its a tough kit to work with, and you have done a great job. Im up for adding bits from other ranges to the RTB101 plastics. You were pretty resrained! WHat did you add, the heavy weapon and a chainsaw?

Shinnentai

Cheers guys!
Jonas":10qct418 said:
What is that heavy bolter? Is it GW?
Yeah, from Forgeworld's Horus Heresy range - I quite like it as it's still got some design cues from the earlier designs.

ramshackle_curtis":10qct418 said:
Its a tough kit to work with, and you have done a great job. Im up for adding bits from other ranges to the RTB101 plastics. You were pretty resrained! WHat did you add, the heavy weapon and a chainsaw?
Yeps, and powerfist on the captain.

Shinnentai

Fimm McCool":3ql46mg7 said:
How have you got your glorious glowing desert yellow?
It's a basecoat of Averland Sunset, washed in Seraphim Sepia, highlighted in Averland Sunset, then sharper highlights in Ungor Flesh.

JonAtron

Thumbs up seal of approval! Love these. You doing more?

We really need a friendly 40k meet up and battle sometime with all these lovely Rogue Trader armies.

Spooktalker

These look great! I really like all of your choices. I have some of these figures cleaned up and ready to prime, and it's a hard choice what chapter to do them, and Imperial Fists are in the running.

Fimm McCool

Shinnentai":1nob8rsl said:
Fimm McCool":1nob8rsl said:
How have you got your glorious glowing desert yellow?
It's a basecoat of Averland Sunset, washed in Seraphim Sepia, highlighted in Averland Sunset, then sharper highlights in Ungor Flesh.

Hmm, I should look into Averland Sunset. I don't use GW paints as a rule but I've not found a yellow yet that will cover this well.

Shinnentai

JonAtron":150zy8dk said:
Thumbs up seal of approval! Love these. You doing more?
Absolutely - so long as my hobby-based attention deficit disorder doesn't kick in! I've already got a dreadnought finished, and I'm just base-coating the next three tactical marines. Having to clean the old paint off does slow things down though.

After the 2nd tactical squad, I've got a terminator squad, land speeder and characters to tackle, which will give me a decent army to get some games in with. I managed to snag a predator on ebay too, but I've never been too confident in painting larger vehicles, so I'll likely put that off XD.

JonAtron

I'ts nice to have a fellow marine painter/project person. That sounds like a lovely size army to paint and play with. But that's the trouble, you then see a few bits on ebay for cheap, get this idea and that idea then next thing you know, its growing and your running out of paint, time and brushes! :)

Really looking forward to see more of your work on here. If you get stuck for bits or parts give me a shout, you never know I might have something you need to get you out of a pinch.

Back