Judge Dredd Perps/Muties

Here are some Judge Dredd Perps/Muties I've painted for a post-apocalyptic project (TNT/Gamma World 3rd edition RPG):

The colour choices and painting style are compatible to the other stuff I've done for the project and one of the reasons to do these was the desire to see how these compare... as well as nostalgia. These figures also have some mutations not easily found in modern ranges and I will make a "warband" out of these (I have about 15 figures or so) :)

Attachments

• IMG_2773.JPG
    IMG_2773.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 1,778
I really like the colours you've used on these pahvivalmiste. You've done the range credit with your painting skills too. Excellent stuff!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Orjetax

The dude with two heads may be my favorite

Excellent painting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments! Sometimes I feel I should have used a little deeper colours, but these will do. Also the clothing colour choice on Three Eyes was not the best, it's a bit hard to differentiate orange from yellow.

My own favourites are the tutu mutie and Three Eyes :)

Wonderful paintjobs - my favorites are the yellow-skinned guy and the Indian-like dude.

Did you paint them with transparent colours over lighter basecoats or what is your technique?

Thanks for the compliments!

LilBroGrendel":j90s6hkc said:
Did you paint them with transparent colours over lighter basecoats or what is your technique?

Kind of... I use a lot of matt medium, "Pledge" and Glaze medium layers with little colour over white base. With some colours or if the sculpt does not work well with that I paint a light coat, highlight it and then put just a very thin layer with intented colour and green/violet/whatever (the spear dude's skin, for example). And I put one thin shade of Army Painters Dark Tone/Vallejo Sepia Ink to almost everywhere, followed by Dark Tone almost straight from the bottle to the areas that could be in shadow.

Back