Undead by Subedai

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

mbh

Post Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Re: Undead by Subedai

Subedai wrote:
Protist wrote:The zombies look great, in a suitably corpulent way. What's the skin tone painted with, particularly the chap on the left?

Cheers. I used the old Rotting Flesh as a base coat, then added some Seraphim Sepia shading, a bit of Agrax Earthshade and Athonian Camoshade before picking out highlights again with Rotting Flesh.

1 - 1.5k 3rd Edition sounds good to me for an evening of gaming since I'm not currently very fluent on the rules (for any edition). Any mix of miniatures as long as they are mostly painted, so I'll get a move on with mine. Sometime in March? I'll send you a message.

the old rotting flesh was one of my fave paints.

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Katsuhiko JiNNai wrote:These zombies are charismatic :)

Thanks! They definitely all have their own style, it was fun to paint their faces and see them come to unlife.

mbh wrote:the old rotting flesh was one of my fave paints.

It's a mainstay of my painting, I am using it as highlight for my Orcs & Goblins, Zombies and all things Nurgle.

So I finished my small horde of Zombies, completing the rank and file of the army and adding a bit of colour.

My Oldhammer blog: The Lost and the Damned

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Lovely looking zombies
My blog http://quendilsworld.blogspot.co.uk
You can never have too many projects!

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:58 pm

That's a seriously mean looking unit of troops - love it! I think I have a couple of those sculpts as well, gonna have to try out your colour scheme ;)

Subedai wrote:1 - 1.5k 3rd Edition sounds good to me for an evening of gaming since I'm not currently very fluent on the rules (for any edition). Any mix of miniatures as long as they are mostly painted, so I'll get a move on with mine. Sometime in March? I'll send you a message.

How do you rate your chances of getting a warband together before the end of March? I need to press on and finish up some basing and shields, but only really get an hour or so here and there to paint at the moment. Otherwise I'm good for a game, though the next few weeks may be a little hard to arrange a time :roll:
Protist's Works Progressive: Paint-hammer in progress thread, hosted right here on the forums
Lead Hammer is my blog, charting a personal, wandering course through the world of miniatures
Unfortunately I have lost all my photos - since I let my old web-host lapse - I'll get them all back again sometime in the new year :roll:

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:16 pm

Finished the second machinery of destruction for my Undead, the Plague Cart. I looked up types of yokes and carved a simplified version out of a plastic sprue.

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:53 am

Looks really good, nicely done.
Image ImageImageImage

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Subedai wrote:Finished the second machinery of destruction for my Undead, the Plague Cart. I looked up types of yokes and carved a simplified version out of a plastic

Thanks for answering that in your blog for me. I subscribe to so many blogs that I can't remember who's blog is who's! Otherwise I'd have asked here.

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:09 pm

ardyer wrote:Thanks for answering that in your blog for me. I subscribe to so many blogs that I can't remember who's blog is who's! Otherwise I'd have asked here.

No worries, I had wanted to ad that info in my blog post but forgot about it in the end. Now it's there!

Post Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:43 pm

I've added a Carrion to my army. I always had two of these in my collection, but wasn't very taken with them back in the day. It didn't help that I painted the one I did finish in canary green. Now I've gone with a more authentic vulture colour scheme, and I really like it.

Post Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:36 pm

I like it too! Looks great.
Image ImageImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Showroom