Pumpkineater's living room oldhammer cave

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 pm

Re: Pumpkineater's living room oldhammer cave

I love seeing other people's space, and am envious of your natural light. Great stuff!
Didn't we have a thread for people to showcase their hobby spaces somewhere? Time for a revival!

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Tex wrote:Wow
Just wow.
You've just made my painting station look miserable (and don't get me started on my oldhammer stuff all tucked away not to impede my other half painstaking housekeeping)

I just moved in here for a few months, I really was lucky (well besides the horrible upper neighbours....).
before this I lived in a real small place, had my bedroom cramped in my living room, to be able to paint in the bedroom.
I have a nasty habit of displaying the stuff I like all over the place as you can see, probably would drive most people insane or their partners lol.
I live alone, so that I can imagine makes a difference as well.

Hope you can still enjoy the hobby to the fullest, also a mobile paint station can be sneaked into the living room whenever you want ;)

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Fimm McCool wrote:I love seeing other people's space, and am envious of your natural light. Great stuff!
Didn't we have a thread for people to showcase their hobby spaces somewhere? Time for a revival!

Thanks Fimm :)

same here, seeing other people's hobby rooms inspires me and keeps me motivated.

I am very happy with the light in the room, it helps tons, because I already have bad eyesight.
It would have been wiser to switch rooms regarding of the bedroom.
The Bedroom now is next to the wall where people go in and out of the building, automatic door..so the buzzing of the electronic door is causing some sanity loss hahaha :)

I didn't know there was a thread for other peoples hobby spaces, would love to see that.
It's always good fun, :D

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:42 pm

That's a lovely space! I've got both of those GW posters, but have literally nowhere to put them in the house!

And it's not because my other half disaproves, I do have some nice John Blanche art in the living room though!

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:20 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:That's a lovely space! I've got both of those GW posters, but have literally nowhere to put them in the house!

And it's not because my other half disaproves, I do have some nice John Blanche art in the living room though!

Thank you Evo :) !

awesome to hear you have the posters as well !
during the moving I moved them piece by piece by bicycle, I was worried sick they would get damaged during the moving with a car.

first time I saw them was in a games shop in Amsterdam in the 80's and think in some old white dwarfs as well.
later I saw them at a small gaming club nearby, always wanted to have them.
had some insane luck getting these from ebay a long time ago, rather cheap as well, so I was happy as can be.
had them framed asap and always had them central in the living room, can't take my eyes from it, I love that artwork so much, and it of course brings back tons of great memories when I look at them every single time.

it's a great hobby, but it eats space so fast.
I also have a ton of military model kits, but really have no idea where to display it,

I am very curious about the John Blanche art, would love to see it.
Good to hear it is in the living room :) and very happy to hear that your other half approves :)

I will take a pic of the other part of the room tomorrow as well, there is tons of Paul Bonner's art and Confrontation Rackham art and star wars madness.

as promised

Previous

Return to Showroom