Pumpkineater's living room oldhammer cave

Hello dear people,

some pics of my living room and some oldhammer stuff in it,and the hobby room, enjoy :)

img_20180122_130500328_hdr.jpg

img_20180122_130358579.jpg

img_20180122_130540189_hdr.jpg

Scalene

Turning into an exhibition with all those boxes! Nice to have plenty of room to spread your gear out in.

Thanks Scalene :)

yeah I am really happy with the new place.
Displaying those boxes always takes me back down memory lane, helps the hobby mojo staying alive :)
still missing out on several, but that's bucket list stuff.

cheers :)

Zhu Bajie

Ooh. Nice to see the 40k:RT and 3rd edition posters all framed up - of and do I spy Keith Parkinsons Northern Wilderness cover? Love that!

Also, nice intercom handset between the red dragons. Seems appropriate somehow!

TheHoodedMan":22vt4v3t said:
Thanks for sharing!

But tell me: Which one is the living room :grin: ?

Thank you :)
I think they both indeed are hahaha, already snuck in a cutting mat into the living room to do building there , this hobby....;)

Zhu Bajie":eu63c5u1 said:
Ooh. Nice to see the 40k:RT and 3rd edition posters all framed up - of and do I spy Keith Parkinsons Northern Wilderness cover? Love that!

Also, nice intercom handset between the red dragons. Seems appropriate somehow!

Thank you Zhu :)

I really wanted those old posters framed, they still make me happy every time I see that art.

Well spotted on the Keith Parkinson poster.
Keith was at a games convention in Germany , Essen, many years ago.
I didn't know he was supposed to be there, but when stumbling through those halls I saw this booth with all this art from Keith.
And that cover has always been my favourite piece of art from him, my heart jumped and raced I can tell you.

Keith wasn't there, I was told by the booth standee that he was sick in the hotel, I wanted to buy that poster and I did, during my ravings about how worshipped Keith's art and how much it meant to me that I was at last able to buy this print, Keith called to the booth and asked how things were going.
The Booth attendee told Keith about me and Keith was like "tell him to stay there, I will come over", and he did.
We talked a long time about his art and RPGs and fantasy art, I have the best of memories of that day,
We also talked about miniature painting, he said he was horrible at that and never understood how people were able to paint models with such details.
I also recall that we both agreed how awesome it would be if someone would make a model from that painting, to have it really in 3D.
I am working on a small diorama now to do just that.

It's such a shame he passed away, still breaks my heart when I think about it.

The intercom handset, hahaha , yes I had no clue what to do with that wall because of it, so this is what it ended up like, I had to do something, godawful things hahaha :)

Tex

Wow
Just wow.
You've just made my painting station look miserable (and don't get me started on my oldhammer stuff all tucked away not to impede my other half painstaking housekeeping)

Fimm McCool

I love seeing other people's space, and am envious of your natural light. Great stuff!
Didn't we have a thread for people to showcase their hobby spaces somewhere? Time for a revival!

Tex":34p0h047 said:
Wow
Just wow.
You've just made my painting station look miserable (and don't get me started on my oldhammer stuff all tucked away not to impede my other half painstaking housekeeping)

I just moved in here for a few months, I really was lucky (well besides the horrible upper neighbours....).
before this I lived in a real small place, had my bedroom cramped in my living room, to be able to paint in the bedroom.
I have a nasty habit of displaying the stuff I like all over the place as you can see, probably would drive most people insane or their partners lol.
I live alone, so that I can imagine makes a difference as well.

Hope you can still enjoy the hobby to the fullest, also a mobile paint station can be sneaked into the living room whenever you want ;)

Fimm McCool":ijid3mxq said:
I love seeing other people's space, and am envious of your natural light. Great stuff!
Didn't we have a thread for people to showcase their hobby spaces somewhere? Time for a revival!

Thanks Fimm :)

same here, seeing other people's hobby rooms inspires me and keeps me motivated.

I am very happy with the light in the room, it helps tons, because I already have bad eyesight.
It would have been wiser to switch rooms regarding of the bedroom.
The Bedroom now is next to the wall where people go in and out of the building, automatic door..so the buzzing of the electronic door is causing some sanity loss hahaha :)

I didn't know there was a thread for other peoples hobby spaces, would love to see that.
It's always good fun, :grin:

That's a lovely space! I've got both of those GW posters, but have literally nowhere to put them in the house!

And it's not because my other half disaproves, I do have some nice John Blanche art in the living room though!

dieselmonkey":1ywdyyz0 said:
That's a lovely space! I've got both of those GW posters, but have literally nowhere to put them in the house!

And it's not because my other half disaproves, I do have some nice John Blanche art in the living room though!

Thank you Evo :) !

awesome to hear you have the posters as well !
during the moving I moved them piece by piece by bicycle, I was worried sick they would get damaged during the moving with a car.

first time I saw them was in a games shop in Amsterdam in the 80's and think in some old white dwarfs as well.
later I saw them at a small gaming club nearby, always wanted to have them.
had some insane luck getting these from ebay a long time ago, rather cheap as well, so I was happy as can be.
had them framed asap and always had them central in the living room, can't take my eyes from it, I love that artwork so much, and it of course brings back tons of great memories when I look at them every single time.

it's a great hobby, but it eats space so fast.
I also have a ton of military model kits, but really have no idea where to display it,

I am very curious about the John Blanche art, would love to see it.
Good to hear it is in the living room :) and very happy to hear that your other half approves :)

I will take a pic of the other part of the room tomorrow as well, there is tons of Paul Bonner's art and Confrontation Rackham art and star wars madness.

as promised

img_20180124_141704977.jpg

Back