Evilhammer - MM90s and some Realm of chaos

Dear fellow hobbyists,

in the recent past I had the opportunity to buy a decent lot of MM90 chaos dwarfs. I always was a fan ot them and was happy to get most of them at once.

Some of them shown here:

I couldn`t wait to paint some of them and at the same time started to look for the missing models and Marauder shields. Now I miss only one of the lot (5d). Here is my first painted guy, completed today, base needs still some tufts.

Testmodel:

While searching the net for the missing MM90s I stumbled over really nice pictures of miniatures from that era and was so attracted that I had the idea of making a complete army, mixed with other Marauder models and Citadel Realms of Chaos. The later were among my first lead miniatures at all and it is nice to have some of them around again.
Some examples here:

I hope to get some feedback of you guys and hope to post some more painted models soon.

Tanath

Nice find there as I also liked the Marauder range in pretty much every thing :)

The orange armour is nice and bright and good to see you are going with bright colours for these.

Best of luck with the project and I will be checking back on it over the coming weeks.

Thank you!
Above picture links corrected.

Winter is coming...
and a lot of snow, so I had todays Sunday some time to paint and worked on a first chaos warrior:

Last week I completed a second of the Marauder CD:

The Fat Git

Very nice work. Some really cool models to look forward to as well. Out of curiosity what are you using as the background? I find it strangely fitting for the subject matter as it could be a map of the Chaos wastes. Anyhow, keep 'em coming.

Thank you! The background is the inside of a 40k roleplaying book from Fantasy Flight Games from the Dark Heresy 1st Edition RPG (I think they all have the same space sector map on the inside of the cover). So it is from a SF setting, but I liked the red gray color and the map design is not so dominant that it overwhelms the models.

Worked on some minis over the christmas days.
Some pics:
First "Stabb the Acolyte", a Chaos sorcerer:

Some pics of more MM90s and a group shot of the five completed ones:

Next time there will be some more Warriors again :) and I also basecoated 10 Marauder beastmen ( a little scouting unit so to speak).

Thank you, that is a great compliment :).

I am going to post only with new content (be it pictures or text) so here are the two next models. One champion of Nurgle and one chaos warrior, which I dedicated to the Blood God.
I like this miniatures so much, even if sometimes the proportions seem a little "false".
It is like the Japanese art principle "Wabi-Sabi" (Perfection in Imperfection). I try to translate: "It nourishes which is authentic and holds three simple truths: Nothing stays forever, nothing is ever finished and nothing is perfect. Limit everything to the essential, but do not remove the poetic. Hold everything clean and without burden, but take care to not make it sterile."

I hope I delivered the message. For me this is true with a lot of these old models, especially for the MM90s. Maybe this is why I like them so much.

inchmurrin

Still very oldhammer I too like this figure I used a rescued one to lead my "How to do Oldhammer" warband he's a lot bluer in real life

918879924_o.jpg

Jonas

Looks great!

Conversion is cool too. I always prefer to convert broken minis or something not OOP :)

The project has hooked me at the moment.
I painted another warrior, this one strives for Slaaneshs favor especially.
Another one is on my painting table already and I could make some progress on my try for a standard bearer:

jon_1066

Great painting but a suggestion on the standard - make the flag shorter (or the pole longer) you can't see the mini!

Thank you jon_1066,
I had the same idea - it is sad that the front of the mini is completely hidden. A longer pole will probably be too exposed.
I will test out how it makes sense to shorten the banner and if that is better than before.
Thx again for the feedback.

I especially like the Champion of Nurgle. And I agree that these words fit very well with the old miniatures: "Limit everything to the essential, but do not remove the poetic. Hold everything clean and without burden, but take care to not make it sterile" - I think it's almost the opposite of the miniatures that GW produce today... :roll:

Thank you, LilBroGrendel. I agree that the new models of GW lack the soul of the classic ones (despite of that, I like them too ;), fx the Nurgle models of the Endtimes or the new Necromunda miniatures).

And especially thank you, Blue, because your Blog was and is an inspiration for me. I`ll follow your progress with the Wood Elves closely.

I`ll try to post new Minis as soon as possible.

Back