The Gangs all Here!!! Chaosy goodness...

Blue in VT

I've just finished up 12 Chaos figures for a client I meet through CDO...if you follow my blog you've seen some of these but here is the whole batch with the latest additions...these are fast iPhone photos...better to come. BTW the client is taking care of shields and basing...

AlansGroupRedu2_zpsce2df0e7.jpg

Cheers,

Blue

axiom

Definitely we need to see better photos because they look ace! I'm particularly fond of the chap with the horned helmet and 2 swords hiding in the back row, so looking forward to seeing his natty scheme!

Blue in VT

Thanks guys! I'll try to snap some close ups of the new additions and post the pics I have of the others. It's been a fun project and got me all excited about finding some more of these guys for myself.

Cheers

Blue

Erny

So are these all the chaos warriors that were used as inspiration for the marauder chaos dwarf line?

Blue in VT

Erny":1vggrjp9 said:
So are these all the chaos warriors that were used as inspiration for the marauder chaos dwarf line?

This isn't quite all of them...but most of them...as far as I can tell 15 of the 24 Marauder MM90s were modeled after, or inspired by, the Classic Chaos Warriors....here is a picture I have assembled showing the ones that I have IDed... If you know of others please let me know...

WoCcrops1_zpse4963f51.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

Blue in VT

So here is the whole story on this commission for people who haven't read my blog too much. A bloke on CDO told me that he had a dozen painted MM90s and had tracked down the associated Chaos Warriors and he would like me to paint them in similar or associated paint schemes. So here are pictures of the Chaos Dwarfs he painted and the Chaos Warriors I painted that were inspired by them.

SheildUpCombo.jpg

PurpleSheildWMini.jpg

BlueMaceCombo.jpg

TwoSwordsCombo.jpg

CoiledBeardCombo.jpg

AxeAdvanceCombo.jpg

BunnyComboFront.jpg

AsianComboFront.jpg

2hamComboFrontandBack.jpg

I have to still take the pics of the new additions...hopefully this weekend.

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT

Alright...I found some time to take a few pics of the new additions tonight....here they are

With this guy I went a different way with his pelt color...I used the color of the dwarfs beard instead of the dwarfs pelt...I felt it made for better contrast than in the MM90.

PeltMinime_zps9fe2782e.jpg

These are probably my favorite MM90 and one of the best Chaos Warriors figures...That Skull Face is just bad ass!...plus the fact that this warrior is an uncatalogued sculpt makes it quite interesting IMO...I actually didn't even know he exisited until my client sent him along to be painted... :lol:

Skullfaceminime_zps2c3def00.jpg

And lastly the Mage...this PJ required some creativity due to the fact that the two figures are quite different. In this case I just tried to stay in the same general pallet. I must say that the Amon Dul figure is not really that great...there is not a lot of detail to work with...this is one case where the MM90 is a dramatic improvement over the original...again IMO.

MageMinime_zpsa6642dd6.jpg

Its going to be hard to box these up and send them back... :?

Cheers,

Blue

bug16

Those are brilliant! :grin: I never noticed the similarities with the sculpts before! Nice paint jobs too. :)

Harry

First great painting.
Second great little project.
Third I know all these minis and have for a while and in all this time I had not noticed that they matched the Dwarves to the Warriors. (I have seen these before on your log but ... so I noticed then but not until then).
Forth I feel such an idiot
Finally I so want to collect all the Dwarves to reproduce this project.

Blue in VT

thanks Harry (and everyone else!)....its a fun project...I'm happy to report that my client has sent along a couple more for me to work up so there will be updates to this post in the future.

I'm going the other way around myself...I have the dwarfs...just need to find the warriors that go with them.

Cheers,

Blue

Harry

We should get together :grin: ... I have almost all the matching warriors.
Maybe we can do some sort of transatlantic, oldhammer forum, paining challenge where you paint the Dwarves and I paint the Warriors and we post them in the same plog.

Back