OOP models 85-95? Help needed sorting this lot

As per my post in the introduction forum this is the first batch i have managed to sort out. Dwarves and Scavens i believe...... Wasnt sure if it was best here or in the marketplace. Its safe to assume everything is for sale.

1988-1991?
MM10 - Various dwarves from mm10/3/4/6
Citadel 0312 (6,7,8,9,10,11) - Complete bugmans cart and driver
Citadel 0312 (13) Bugmans dwarf rangers "Jorj" Ruddle (champion)
Citadel 0312 (04&05) - Bazooka crew and loader x4
MM14 Complete Dwarf swivel gun and gunners x2
Flame cannon and 3 crew
Norse dwarf 302 (1988) x 6
Citadel Alpine skier dwarf with skis
1991 Marauder DR19 x2 DR16x2

This list isnt exhaustive nor am i promising it is accurate. Its the process of about 16 hours plodding through sol and yanking stuff out of boxes, i have no experience with these games at all. Isnt stangely mesmorising already though. Photos of what im calling the dwarf army are below. Someone could correct me about that. Seems to be very artillery/ranged weapon heavy. All unpainted, havent noticed any damage yet, although one of the alpine skiers skis isnt glued on. All metal.

Best_zps0aaeea06.jpg

The%20Dwarves!_zps506262af.jpg

More detailed than above...
Norse dwarf:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/j ... 479b47.jpg
Marauder dwarves:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/j ... ad4ea9.jpg
Jorj and Alpine:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/j ... 1b538c.jpg
Dr16/19:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/j ... 99d5a9.jpg
Flame cannon:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/j ... 9671fc.jpg

Scavens. Cant seem to find much more than that....
a%20Skaven%201_zpsbd06e7de.jpg

a%20Skaven2_zpse3759b92.jpg

a%20skaven3_zpsf316658f.jpg

Bloodbowl scraven:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/j ... a7d3f9.jpg

Blue in VT

Well...you have some great stuff there and it looks like you have done a good job of IDing them. The only thing I see mislabeled are the four things you called bazookas...they are actually marauder fire throwers.....you have a lot of duplicates...but it's all good stuff and you should have no trouble shifting it.

I'm sending you a private message with a list of things I'm interested in.

Is there a lot more to come? I'm particularly interested in wood Eli's and orcs and goblins.

Cheers,

Blue

Thantsants

Damn - got to go to work in a minute!

Good job on the ID's - Depending what's left of this lot and what else you have yet to come I could be tempted by some of that Dwarf artillery and thunderers.

Other stuff I'm after - Men at Arms, Female Barbarians, Chaos Thugs, Beastmen, Slann ( :lol: !), Goblins, etc, etc!

I'll try to pm you later :)

phreedh

The alpine dwarf should fetch you some money. I have no idea what they go for usually, but it is at least comparable to 5 regular release models, if not 10. Lots of other goodies too, but that one stands out.

Nothing for me, I would be interested in some skaven (and the BB skaven) but it's really not the time for me to add to the lead mountain. =)

Thanks for all the replies and PM's, there is lots more to come. Thats 1 and a half boxes so far, another 4 to go. Ill put some geneal shots up so you can see the sort of stuff still to come. Possibly some men at arms, definitely some 88 beastmen (15ish), samurai, some kinda orcy looking things etc, bloodbowl..... and lots which i have no idea.

The alpine dwarf should fetch you some money. I have no idea what they go for usually, but it is at least comparable to 5 regular release models, if not 10. Lots of other goodies too, but that one stands out.
Thanks for the help on that one, the skier and the bugmans cart are proving very popular already. Its probably a good idea to talk about price at this point. Im not looking for top end retail on anything just a fair price and this stuff all sold. For example ive found 6 sold bugmans carts for between £12.50-£55. The only one i can currently see is on sale at £75. The average of the sold carts is around £30. Thats the sort of mark i was thinking, but i have no idea how realistic that is. Swivel gun and crew £10ish?. Flame cannon/thrower £5ish. cant find any sold alpine skiers, theres one buy it now for £25. Im thinking thats probably steep though, £10-15ish?. Lots of interest in those already though so im going to have to think of a system to make it fair.

To be honest im still photographing and yanking stuff out so i havent looked into price too much. Ebay is my only real guide and a lot of this stuff seems to be rare enough/uninteresting enough that it hasnt sold recently enough to get a price. If you chaps can provide a rough per piece price that would be considered fair and warning of anything rare like you already have im not going to squeeze you.

I probably wont be selling anything until early next week as theres lots of photos and sorting to do, so no panic, i will give priority to those who have made contact first though. Lets see what we have, i dont want to sell off all the jewels and be left with 300 unsellable remainders but im not sure the best way to approach it until i know whats here.

blue said:
The only thing I see mislabeled are the four things you called bazookas...they are actually marauder fire throwers.....[/quote=blue] Thanks for that, well spotted. Lots more to come but wood Eli's, orcs and goblins im not so sure about....

Ill respond to all PM's soon as possible.

More detail on MM10 Dwarves as requested (looks like a couple have snapped weapons:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/j ... ce8851.jpg
More Dwarves(Bloodbowl?):
bloodbowl%20dwarves%20(2)_zpsb1cee6f1.jpg

Remaining mystery dwarves, 3 hobgoblins some kind of artillery, misc guns and mystery solid based figures:
P9190157_zps9f5f2748.jpg

P9190156_zpsa95299e6.jpg

General overview.....
P9190136_zps39627bb7.jpg

No idea....
Orcs_zps5803dab7.jpg

Imperial Beastmen?
imperial%20beastmen_zpsc3481844.jpg

Sorry about the complete mess that is..... still not finished either. Looks like more plastics, space marines. samurai, skeletons villagers.....

Chico

Ok, now there's so much i want in those pictures lol.... i'll come round and help you sort heh into my pockets that is.

In the Mystery Dwarf picture, top 3 are Squats. Under those are a Bloodbowl Skaven Lineman and what looks like a mix of Norse and Imperial Dwarfs.

Once you get everything seperated and lotted up, i'll send you a PM of what i would like to buy from you

Erny

Quite a few bits of interest here! Almost too much in one go to go through everything for you. Do we get a decent discount for giving you the benefit of our knowledge :grin: ? You must admit it is a bit of a dilemma on our part, do I ask for a price or tell you that X normally goes for £25? As I said there is a lot here, I can identify almost all of it but it would take some time to go through each photo and supply a written description of what is there...

Seriously on price there are some very inflated prices on Ebay buy it now and they are more speculative than fair prices. There appears to be a core bunch o sellers willing to sit a long time on stuff until they get a silly price. That said you still have some stuff that at a fair price will go for a good amount.

The Squats are nice and again I'd like, the space zoat, the dreadnought, the Norse dwarf bows as well, indeed I could probably pick out a couple of dozen figures but I may just be picking out the gems here which you suggested you didn't want to do.

You probably would get more if you listed them all individually on Ebay but perhaps your best bet would be to actually pick out the best gems and auction them. The rank and file are still worth while and you could perhaps consider bundling them up. I'd make offers but they would be lower than ebay.

Ok, now there's so much i want in those pictures lol....
Thought you might have spoken too soon.... :grin:

Good points Erny. As i have no idea of even a ball park figure for what the whole thing is worth its hard to be too specific.

Im not looking to get top end retail. If i can save the hassle of listing everything individually on ebay and find a collector or collectors within each area which would like to offer on larger portions of the hoarde i would be more than happy to get fair market value with discount for bulk buys and recognition of my time saved. If people want to cherry pick i would appreciate help bundling the remainder of the race/army/game into a sellable ebay package so i dont have odds and sods left that im spending hours trying to flog for 99p.

You must admit it is a bit of a dilemma on our part, do I ask for a price or tell you that X normally goes for £25? As I said there is a lot here, I can identify almost all of it but it would take some time to go through each photo and supply a written description of what is there...
Yes, i quite see the problem. As i have no knowledge of the area before a few days ago any prices generated by myself will probably be the average of all the successfully completed auctions/buy it nows on ebay or about 50% of the live buy it now price on ebay if none have been sold in the recent past (see cart and skier example above).

Im unlikely to give a wild ass guess as i dont want to realise ive given away an unreleased prototype i could have retired on several years down the line. If you came to me and said x is this, fair market value for x is £25, my gut reaction is that i would think of selling at the £20 to £22.50 range. If we were talking volume however you might be able to beat me down more. Im not sure how a 10-20% discount strikes the community as a fair reward for effort.

Not sure if anybody has a better suggestion though. :)

Blue in VT

Well you have certainly assembled an interesting assortment of stuff there...and you should be able to get a decent pay out from it.

I for one would be happy to buy a group of figures if it was priced accordingly. And would be willing to help you set up groups of things that dont sell here.

You will certainly be walking the fine line between getting as much money as possible (individual ebay sales) and the hassle of shipping a million individual pieces versus selling them in lots...saving on the hassle of shipping a million packages but not getting absolute top dollar for things.

Also Please dont use Buy It Now auctions on eBay as a guide as they are totally skewed and have no reflection on what people are willing to pay for these figures in a forum setting like this. My general rule of thumb is to pay no more than $4 for a regular rank and file figure if I'm buying individuals...for groups of more than 10 I would prefer to pay more like $2 each. Special characters and artillery pieces are obviously different.

Probably the best thing to do is take clear pictures of small groups of figures so we can help you ID and pick out things we are interested in...and can advise you on how to sell things we are not interested in.

Cheers,

Blue

axiom

I'd reiterate what Blue just said - Buy it Now ebay auctions aren't really a true reflection of market value, but extremely premium priced items put up in the hope that someone particularly wants a specific model. I've seen some auctions which are reposted on ebay for months on end without selling.

Checking out completed auctions for the figures you have is a better indicator.

Looking forward to seeing what you have however!

Fair point, noted. Id reiterate that im not looking for those kinds of figures. I want to price them at the low end of fair. With bargains for lots ideally. I do however want to know its worth the effort at the end and not be taken for a ride on the good stuff by chaps who know their stuff far more thoroughly than i do.

Another 150 i believe previously unseen figures have gone up.
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/j ... ?start=all
Mixed bag. From Judge Dredd to tribal africa via who the hell knows what. Ive tried to group stuff as closely as i can.

Blue in VT

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow...and Wow again...amazing stuff.

Pictures 9, 16, 20, 30 are all Squats..Sci Fi dwarfs...quite in demand these days

Picture 11 are halflings...again in demand.

Picture 12 are chaos renegades...I would love these

Picture 14...you have two amazons in the front and in the back are pygmies...these are quite rare and fetch a fair amount...please put me on the wait list for those.

Picture 21-22 is an elf bolt thrower.

Thats all I have time to look at right now...I'm at work! :?

Cheers,

Blue

Wow that is incredibly helpful stuff and very pleasing to hear! Lots to work on. Id better start a squat pile. My thanks again. I think we are running out of metal stuff now. Just a 3 inch high pile of guns, shields, capes, armour, packs etc.

A bucket of plastic stuff still to come.

phreedh

I'm just scanning through and shouting out stuff I recognize for sure without checking SOL/CCM myself...

3 - Right-most 3 guys, hobgoblin rocket launcher team.
6 - Top row, from left #3 and #5: Blood Bowl 2nd edition elf catcher and thrower
7 - #4 from left, both rows: chaos sorcerers (disc riders).
10 - Top row, #2 from left: Eldar dark reaper (missing rocket launcher), #5 skaven jezzail
23 - Wood elf wardancers
30 - Blood bowl Dwarfs, including a cheerleader and two kickers.
32 - Mainly regiment of renown Golgfag's Ogre Mercenaries (all the based ones, except the bigger middle guy). Middle guy is a Bob Olley ogre (actually an Ogryn, if I'm not mistaken). Marauder Ogre in white, blue and yellow. Black shape unknown, but I recognize the silhoutte and ludicrous blade.
43 - Isn't that Hägar the Horrible in the middle, next to the pickle fisher?

Thats great stuff! Thanks.
43 - Isn't that Hägar the Horrible in the middle, next to the pickle fisher?
Not sure... does look similar, base says P7.

few more photos are up and ive got some original stickers from the 80s through mid 90s.

Blue in VT

In the middle of Picture 4 you have some Marauder Reiksguard (the guys with the Yellow and blue plumes on their helmets) http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mm65reiksguard.htm

In the lower right of the same photo...you have some Empire Pistoliers mounted on grey plastic horses http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x3/c92342empcav-03.htm

In the first picture you have a couple of conversions...these appear to parts of a Chaos Centaur and an Dragon Ogre that have been used in conjunction with different horse bodies.

Cheers,

Blue

Chico

New pictures:

1: Chaos Champion and 2 Chaos Centaurs, new sure on the 4th (first figure on the left)
2: 2 Prototype Terminators, and a Mk 1 Terminator
3: Reikguard Foot Knights and Hounds
4: bottom left is a Chaos Champion next to a Ogre, behind the Reikguard Knights is Kalleb Dark (Painted black) which i would love to buy from you :)

Back