Olde Skool Dungeon Crawl

Slowly putting together some vintage models for my rpg games. Here's what I've managed thus far. More on my BLOG!

iK09sM9l.jpg

ttvnGDOl.jpg

oQqt9oYl.jpg

2BidhKHl.jpg

ZoC5tZ8l.jpg

Re: Olde Skool Adventurers

carsjr":2pzpuh1t said:
luvverly! Who makes these?

Thanks! Various manufacturers, but several are now OOP. Dwarf and Ninja are from Asgard Miniatures, Cleric is Ral Partha, Wizard is Citadel and Ranger is Chronicle. Check my blog (see above post) for more bollox.

Zhu Bajie

These are really cool, that cleric is fantastic, love the muted colours and the pose, proper haggard adventurers.

Great old-school looking blog too.

Thanx guys. Had a bit of a hiatus this week, but should be back on it over the weekend (next up is a RP Necromancer). Thanks for looking and commenting.

Zhu Bajie":10jtzngc said:
Great old-school looking blog too.

High praise indeed from the don of old-school fantasy gaming!

Mister Rab

These are lovely, Gareth! I think it was happy chance that the turquoise came to hand with that dwarf; he looks great 8-)

What do you do to get that fantastic mossy effect on the bases?

Mister Rab":2i1iii1a said:
These are lovely, Gareth! I think it was happy chance that the turquoise came to hand with that dwarf; he looks great 8-)

Cheers Rab. The effect is rather easy to achieve. I attach the model to the base, then prime. When dry I glue bits of slate and then aquarium sand to the base which I prime with Vallejo Grey Surface Primer. When dry I apply the following colours as washes: purple (heavily diluted), green, mid grey, dry brush with light grey, dark grey (almost black) wash to finish. Note that, aside from the db, all these are thinned acrylic paints. Hope this proves useful!

Gareth the Grot":2cg87xb1 said:
Mister Rab":2cg87xb1 said:

Cheers Rab. The effect is rather easy to achieve. I attach the model to the base, then prime. When dry I glue bits of slate and then aquarium sand to the base which I prime with Vallejo Grey Surface Primer. When dry I apply the following colours as washes: purple (heavily diluted), green, mid grey, dry brush with light grey, dark grey (almost black) wash to finish. Note that, aside from the db, all these are thinned acrylic paints. Hope this proves useful!

Back