My Orc and Goblin Army

Tanath

Here are pictures of my beloved Orc and Goblin Kev Adams tribute army with one exception being the NG shaman lol

Attachments

• Bo1.JPG
    Bo1.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,623
  • CHAR!.JPG
    CHAR!.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,623
  • DD1.JPG
    DD1.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 2,623

Tanath

The giant is my center piece until I get around to painting the Wyvern.

Attachments

• Giant1.JPG
    Giant1.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,623
  • Giant2.JPG
    Giant2.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 2,623
  • Giant3.JPG
    Giant3.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,623

Tanath

Some nasty git Night Goblins. Cheeky gits!!

Attachments

• GOBROK1.JPG
    GOBROK1.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,623
  • NG1.JPG
    NG1.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,623
  • NG2.JPG
    NG2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,623

Tanath

More of dem pesky green skinz!

Attachments

• NGARC!.JPG
    NGARC!.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,623
  • NGFAN1.JPG
    NGFAN1.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 2,623
  • NGFAN2.JPG
    NGFAN2.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 2,623

Tanath

More I tells ya! Let the Big Un's have a go then!

Attachments

• NGHER1.JPG
    NGHER1.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 2,624
  • NGSHA1.JPG
    NGSHA1.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,624
  • Orc1.JPG
    Orc1.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,624

Tanath

That's all of them although I have another squig team that I must have forgotten to take a picture of.

Attachments

• SR1.JPG
    SR1.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,624
  • WR1.JPG
    WR1.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 2,624

Ketil Trout

Lovely army, great painting all round, clean and bright without becoming cartoony. I particularly like your banners, and Marauder giant. Great work.

Gallivantes

Hello Tanath. What can I say, lovely work. Especially like seeing some of Kev's work from other ranges mingle with the GW stuff.

I really dig those Black Orcs, especially that musician with the massive gong shield. The gobbo boss with the double bladed axe is another favourite of mine.

I have a collector's question and perhaps you can crack this little mystery. It's been bugging me a long time as an O&G collector.

See those fanatics that you've got? There are six in total from that range and I believe I have five of them. Or do I? The crux is that there are two that seem indistinguishable from each other in any catalog ref I have ever found — 3 and 6 shown here. Maybe there's something about the eyes or teeth that differs slightly but I can't really be sure. Maybe there is something entirely different in the rear view out of sight?

I have two that look like 3/6 but they seem identical in real life so I believe I have two duplicates. I'd like to get my hands on the missing one some day to satisfy my collectamania but I don't even know what to look for in the missing figure. Can you help me out? You've got three that look like the culprit. There is of course the chance that you have identical ones like I do, but I am hoping not.

Are yours all the same or can you spot any difference at all?

cat1997_lgogp024-00.jpg

Tanath

Gallivantes":18t98dj8 said:
Hello Tanath. What can I say, lovely work. Especially like seeing some of Kev's work from other ranges mingle with the GW stuff.

I really dig those Black Orcs, especially that musician with the massive gong shield. The gobbo boss with the double bladed axe is another favourite of mine.

I have a collector's question and perhaps you can crack this little mystery. It's been bugging me a long time as an O&G collector.

See those fanatics that you've got? There are six in total from that range and I believe I have five of them. Or do I? The crux is that there are two that seem indistinguishable from each other in any catalog ref I have ever found — 3 and 6 shown here. Maybe there's something about the eyes or teeth that differs slightly but I can't really be sure. Maybe there is something entirely different in the rear view out of sight?

I have two that look like 3/6 but they seem identical in real life so I believe I have two duplicates. I'd like to get my hands on the missing one some day to satisfy my collectamania but I don't even know what to look for in the missing figure. Can you help me out? You've got three that look like the culprit. There is of course the chance that you have identical ones like I do, but I am hoping not.

Are yours all the same or can you spot any difference at all?

cat1997_lgogp024-00.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I truly feel blessed to have after all these years collecting them and painting them.

Thanks Gallivantes for the question and there is definitely a difference in the faces of the two mentioned fanatics. I will have to look at my fanatics again to check if I have both variants or just a double. If you can send me a picture of the fanatics you have so I can check them for you if you needed another set of goblin eyes to verify ;)

Golgfag1

Got to say Tanath has judged that right - studying the picture the only apparent difference is the face - three has a slightly more curled lip, where has six as a fairly even grimace.I'll check my own O&G scrap box (yes, I haven't got round to painting these yet, hence their in the scrap box) and see if, I've got a couple to compare! :lol:

Nice army by the way and welcome to the forum

Paul / Golgfag1

Sleepysod

Are the figures in the third photo orcs, hobgoblins or black orcs? They are fantastic. All in favour of non greenskin greenskins

Tanath

Sleepysod":2uamhvpb said:
Are the figures in the third photo orcs, hobgoblins or black orcs? They are fantastic. All in favour of non greenskin greenskins

Yes they are :) They are from the Blacktree design range sculpted by the enematic Kev Adams. Really.nice minis and I had always thought that black orcs should be blue.

Gallivantes

Tanath":3vir1pep said:
Sleepysod":3vir1pep said:

Yes they are :) They are from the Blacktree design range sculpted by the enematic Kev Adams. Really.nice minis and I had always thought that black orcs should be blue.

I'm also a fan of them. Nice and chunky.

If you are looking for the gong musician in that unit you'll find him with Ral Partha Europe alongside a few more in the same style.

Gallivantes

Goglfag, Tanath, thanks for assisting with my gobbo mystery.

Here are the two I've got. I am leaning towards thinking I have two of the "6"' but not sure. Would be very helpful to see both versions in the same photo if anyone's got them.

Sorry for the somewhat thread hijack!

Attachments

• Fanatics.jpg
    Fanatics.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,591

Tanath

Gallivantes":36ulmfdr said:
Goglfag, Tanath, thanks for assisting with my gobbo mystery.

Here are the two I've got. I am leaning towards thinking I have two of the "6"' but not sure. Would be very helpful to see both versions in the same photo if anyone's got them.

Sorry for the somewhat thread hijack!

Yeah, I think they are both #6 myself. And sorry for the late reply to your inquiry. #3 looks to have smaller eye sockets and larger teeth compared to #6.

I will have to check my models when I get them back in my hands again :)

Back