My Orc and Goblin Army

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: My Orc and Goblin Army

Lovely army, great painting all round, clean and bright without becoming cartoony. I particularly like your banners, and Marauder giant. Great work.

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 pm

Hello Tanath. What can I say, lovely work. Especially like seeing some of Kev's work from other ranges mingle with the GW stuff.

I really dig those Black Orcs, especially that musician with the massive gong shield. The gobbo boss with the double bladed axe is another favourite of mine.

I have a collector's question and perhaps you can crack this little mystery. It's been bugging me a long time as an O&G collector.

See those fanatics that you've got? There are six in total from that range and I believe I have five of them. Or do I? The crux is that there are two that seem indistinguishable from each other in any catalog ref I have ever found — 3 and 6 shown here. Maybe there's something about the eyes or teeth that differs slightly but I can't really be sure. Maybe there is something entirely different in the rear view out of sight?

I have two that look like 3/6 but they seem identical in real life so I believe I have two duplicates. I'd like to get my hands on the missing one some day to satisfy my collectamania but I don't even know what to look for in the missing figure. Can you help me out? You've got three that look like the culprit. There is of course the chance that you have identical ones like I do, but I am hoping not.

Are yours all the same or can you spot any difference at all?

"We attack at dawn. The plan is victory." - unknown

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:17 am

Lovely, lovely work.

The banners are fantastic - way beyond my skill level.

Well done - a set to really be proud of.

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:35 am

Gallivantes wrote:Hello Tanath. What can I say, lovely work. Especially like seeing some of Kev's work from other ranges mingle with the GW stuff.

I really dig those Black Orcs, especially that musician with the massive gong shield. The gobbo boss with the double bladed axe is another favourite of mine.

I have a collector's question and perhaps you can crack this little mystery. It's been bugging me a long time as an O&G collector.

See those fanatics that you've got? There are six in total from that range and I believe I have five of them. Or do I? The crux is that there are two that seem indistinguishable from each other in any catalog ref I have ever found — 3 and 6 shown here. Maybe there's something about the eyes or teeth that differs slightly but I can't really be sure. Maybe there is something entirely different in the rear view out of sight?

I have two that look like 3/6 but they seem identical in real life so I believe I have two duplicates. I'd like to get my hands on the missing one some day to satisfy my collectamania but I don't even know what to look for in the missing figure. Can you help me out? You've got three that look like the culprit. There is of course the chance that you have identical ones like I do, but I am hoping not.

Are yours all the same or can you spot any difference at all?

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I truly feel blessed to have after all these years collecting them and painting them.

Thanks Gallivantes for the question and there is definitely a difference in the faces of the two mentioned fanatics. I will have to look at my fanatics again to check if I have both variants or just a double. If you can send me a picture of the fanatics you have so I can check them for you if you needed another set of goblin eyes to verify ;)

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:58 am

Got to say Tanath has judged that right - studying the picture the only apparent difference is the face - three has a slightly more curled lip, where has six as a fairly even grimace.I'll check my own O&G scrap box (yes, I haven't got round to painting these yet, hence their in the scrap box) and see if, I've got a couple to compare! :lol:

Nice army by the way and welcome to the forum

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/grumpyoldbadger

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Are the figures in the third photo orcs, hobgoblins or black orcs? They are fantastic. All in favour of non greenskin greenskins

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Sleepysod wrote:Are the figures in the third photo orcs, hobgoblins or black orcs? They are fantastic. All in favour of non greenskin greenskins

Yes they are :) They are from the Blacktree design range sculpted by the enematic Kev Adams. Really.nice minis and I had always thought that black orcs should be blue.

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Tanath wrote:
Sleepysod wrote:Are the figures in the third photo orcs, hobgoblins or black orcs? They are fantastic. All in favour of non greenskin greenskins

Yes they are :) They are from the Blacktree design range sculpted by the enematic Kev Adams. Really.nice minis and I had always thought that black orcs should be blue.

I'm also a fan of them. Nice and chunky.

If you are looking for the gong musician in that unit you'll find him with Ral Partha Europe alongside a few more in the same style.

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Goglfag, Tanath, thanks for assisting with my gobbo mystery.

Here are the two I've got. I am leaning towards thinking I have two of the "6"' but not sure. Would be very helpful to see both versions in the same photo if anyone's got them.
Fanatics.jpg
Fanatics.jpg (126.81 KiB) Viewed 46 times

Sorry for the somewhat thread hijack!
Previous

Return to Showroom