Orc's Drift

Thantsants

Well nearly there finally with writing up the last battle report for this little project and thought it'd be nice to collect all the shots of the different forces for each scenario together.

Here they are in order of appearance

Kachas Pass

The Wood Elves of Kachas Pass

P8300841.jpg

Led by Erdolas Thringal

P4030598.jpg

The Vile Rune Tribe

P82608152.jpg

The alcoholic Hill Giant, Guthrum Mane

P5020057.jpg

Silas Meel, the Half Orc spy

P3260345.jpg

Their Chieftain, Fangor Gripe, tidying up a little unfinished business...

PC220853.jpg

P5170093.jpg

Ashak Rise

The Dwarfs of Ashak Rise - deserters from the armies of the Grand League, more intested in panning for gold than fighting.

P6140185.jpg

Their leader, Borinn Fimbull

P5040066.jpg

and his son, Snorinn Fimbull

P6030201.jpg

The Severed Hand Tribe

P2210597.jpg

Grashak Kra and his Hobhounds

P2040853.jpg

Hagar Sheol, Chieftain of the Severed hand

P2210605.jpg

Had lots of fun with the shield designs for this lot!

P2210604.jpg

PA100516.jpg

Linden Way

The Linden Way Militia

P7120277.jpg

Mayor Leofwine

P4060029.jpg

The villagers of Linden Way

P9050457.jpg

P9130462.jpg

P9130461.jpg

P9130460.jpg

Barrachus, the mad Illusionist

P9130463.jpg

The Kwae Karr Tribe

P82608142.jpg

The shaman, Bagrash

P9200469.jpg

P9200470.jpg

Their Chieftain and pretender to the throne, Magyar Ironfist

P5030043.jpg

Orc's Drift

Brommedir's Bows

P9020841.jpg

Brommedir

P5210709.jpg

P5210707.jpg

Osrim Chardz and his Engineers

P8020308.jpg

Chardz himself

P8020310.jpg

The Druid Snart

P4010010.jpg

and his patients -

The Walking Wounded

Bertolac

P4150020.jpg

Gymlet

P5020045.jpg

Beli

P4150023.jpg

Fernbreth

PB280834.jpg

and the stretcher cases

P7280278.jpg

P7280279.jpg

P7280281.jpg

P7280283.jpg

and last but not least, King Fy'ar and his elite F'yar Guard

P8260819.jpg

P5180101.jpg

Once I've finished writing up the final battle I'll see about documenting them in order in the Battle Report section. :mrgreen:

treps

Great miniatures, great scenery, great pictures, I don't know what to say more...

Each time I see your pictures I'm back 20 years or so, looking at all the small details on every picture shown on White Dwarf !

And this Kev Adams Giant Hill Troll is one of the miniature I'm desperately missing ! I need one of them !

Bruno

Adam

Absolutely fantastic stuff, every last bit. I especially like the wood Elves, they're some of my favourite miniatures.

Out of interest, where did you get the mountain back ground in most of you photos? Is it one of those model railway landscape background thingymajigs? I could do with something to have in the background of photos I take, if only to hide my tip of a flat.

Thantsants

Cheers Adam - you can't beat a nice Jes Goodwin Elf, unless you've got green skin and a big axe I suppose!

I found the background by typing mountain watercolour painting into google images. It took a bit of doing to find enough that vaguely matched each other in colour palette. If I remember correctly several are by the same artist and are peaks in the lake district. I should also admit that there is a bit of retouching jiggery-pokery done in Picasa to blend the images together - in real life it looks a bit like this

http://teasgettingcold.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... tions.html

Adam

Cheers for the tip. I'm no good at the computer editing side of things but will have a nose about for suitable background images.

Those Jes Goodwin elves are becoming painful to look at - I've missed out on three of four ebay auctions in the past week or so. One was particularly annoying, as I'm sure I would've won if my phone internet hadn't started playing up while I was trying to do a last minute bid :cry:

Erny

Last minute bids are a mugs game, easy to pay way to much that way. Put what you can afford and are willing to pay on when you see it then leave it until it does or does not turn up in your payment needed list.

Adam

I find that last minute bids stop me paying more than I have to. I just put what I'm willing to pay and can afford in at the last minute. If I put it in early someone else would just bid up to and then over what I'm willing and then I'm more likely to increase what I'll pay because I've got my heart set on it. Or else it'll get driven up to just below what I'm willing to pay but why pay more than you need to? This stuff ain't going cheap any more and I'm usually skint (and a bit stingy, let's be honest ;) ). If I just put the most I'm willing to pay in at the last minute and I'm outbid there isn't time to reconsider or start to compulsively increase my bid, it's just a case of 'hard luck, Adam, might do better next time'. If stuff goes to silly prices near the end then I just don't bid, it'll come up again soon enough

Each to their own though. Whatever works best for you :)

Blue in VT

I know some people detest the practice...but I use a sniper program...that way I can put in my max bid and walk away. The program will bid that amount in the last 5 seconds...so either I win or not...no chance of getting caught up in a price war in the last minute and over paying...but also no showing my ha d before its too late for the other guy to do anything about it.

If you can't beat them...join them.

I use ezsniper. Dirt cheap...like pennies per successful bid.

Blue

Thantsants

Its annoying to get caught out by them but I don't have a problem with them. I've certainly missed many a bargain because I forgot about the auction or got otherwise waylaid and have meant to check them out.

Mind you the wife set up an account because she's even worse than me at remembering to bid in time and I seem to remember options for bidding above your limit should someone bid slightly more - sounds dangerous! ;)

Adam

After that incident with my phone internet last week I think might follow your lead. It's only what I'm doing now - working out what I'll pay per man then putting it in at the end - but without the risk of losing out due to some reason other than wat you and opposing bidders are prepared to pay.

Blue in VT

If you think you would like to try ezsniper I believe they have a free trial...if you want to sign up let me know and I'll send a referral form...that will get on the right path and will get me a few free snipes. If you go with them I suggest the EZcash option where you put a certain amount of money...I do $10 at a time...and you pay 1% of each winning bid...ranging from .10$ to $10...depending on the amount of the winning bid. Since most of the things we bid on for warhammer are relatively cheap I typically pay .10-.15$ per win.

Anyway...sorry for the sales pitch but the service has done me well in the past.

Cheers,

Blue

Harry

Wonderful stuff.
Just found time to trawl through some old threads for inspiration ... thought this deserved a bump for anyone who missed it the first time.

Thantsants

Cheers Harry!

Remember folks - come down to the Foundry in August for the Oldhammer weekend and you can see (and play with) them in the flesh :mrgreen:

Back