Not very tall chaos warband

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Not very tall chaos warband

The villages along the edges of the chaos wastes have been cursed by many a threat, but none as confusing as the predations of the "Not very tall warband" . (get the impression I can't come up with a decent name?). A spate of cunningly perpetrated burglaries and murders using access and methods no normal man or beastman could negotiate. These are the work of the "Not very tall wardband".

So my completed , for the moment, warband led by a height, or rather lack of it, obsessed chaos sorcerer is shown below. The concept is that some animals have been corrupted by chaos to take human form rather than the beastman where the opposite happens. This gives them some of the abilities of their animal form but human intelligence. I'll probably expand them at some point, I've got a potential terrier sized chaos hound figure, perhaps something like a troll or ogre equivalent - what would that be, all suggestions welcome?

The mage

The warband

As always comments and advice encouraged and welcomed.

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: Not very tall chaos warband

I really like these rat men miniatures , what range are they ? Looking forward to seeing more of your Warband soon, great start!

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 pm

I love that old wizard model.

As for feedback? they look great, maybe a bit brighter lighting on the photos would be nice!

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback

Pygmy - They are mainly Bob Olley's Druids Children now in Splintered Lights woodland warriors range.

Zhu - I try to take my photos in natural light as I tend to get too many shadows with a lighting set up. I'll see about checking out some tutorials to improve.

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 am

The problem is not with the lighting as such it is how your camera determines the exposure. Because there is a lot of white in the pictures for the background the camera registers the scene as being very bright so reduces the exposure on the shutter to compensate for it thus making the miniatures darker (you can see the white comes out kind of grey) Your camera should have some mechanism for over exposing a picture (eg AV+). Experiment with jacking that up a few steps.

If it can't do that use a grey card for the background or get up some kind of backdrop. This will be less clean looking but give your camera a better reference for the exposure.

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Thanks for the advice some delving into the menu is called for.

Return to Showroom