The doomed ones - Worshipers of Malal Gather !

Asslessman

OK, This has been running for quite sometime in my head but only now thanks to Chico's posts on his blog do I find the will to launch this.

This thread is intended to post anything related to Malal. I'll edit this first post with links to fluff or history, models, etc and I welcome anybody to post pictures of his painted versions here so that we the doomed ones have our special altar thread on this forum.

Please share any link related to Malal, where to find good models, photos oaf Malal themed armies/characters etc...

Links related to fluff and history :
- Malal lives a compilation of anything Malal related
- Orlygg's article about the mistery of Malal
- Asslessman's posts about Malal
- Asslessman's post about the chaos brothers
- Chico's posts about Malal
- Zhu's post about Kaleb's haircut
- Orlygg's post about the Crude, the mad and the rusty

Links for models :
- Kaleb Daark and his arch-nemesis the Chaos brothers (solegend link)
- Hook Horror - Lesser demon/beast of Malal by cpmodelsminiatures
- Kalee(female alternate for Kaleb by Hasslefree, many incarnations/scales)
- Skrag the slaughterer (Bottom left, solegend link)

Asslessman

And to begin, here i smy painted Kaleb Daark both mounted and on foot :

DSC_5646.JPG
DSC_5647.JPG

DSC_5648.JPG

finarfin

Nice I like the painting.

You need to find Skraag the ogre, he seems related to Malal background.
Of course you have the new beast of Malal...

I'm also in this right now, so i'll contribute if I can. Ordered 6 beasts, got Skraag, and Kaleb riding a Kegox dragon...for a start.
Searchng for other ideas in the background.

A+

Asslessman

You're absolutely right, I forgot Skrag (just edited the post). The beats of Malla is alreday there under the hook horror name.
I definitely have to find myslef a skrag and get at least one hook horror.

Maybe the first post should also contain a small description af all demons and malal himself with the pics from Tony Ackland or others. If anyone is willing to write about any subject, please do.

I should soon be able to post my Malal Greater demon too :twisted: .

Fimm McCool

Damn, now I really need a Malal warband...

Maybe a beastman one "The Claws of Malal" from Chaos Marauders.... oooh, now there's another project to get started. Curse you all!

Hmm, wait. That Malal symbol, isn't that just fantasy AdMech? I smell a crossover project!

Chico

Feel free to link anything on my Blog :) And don't forget the Sons of Malice Chaos Marines and the Short story The Labyrinth all about the doom ones and summoning of malal

Asslessman

Oh good one Zhu, There's actually a lot of model with this very peculiar hair cut especially in the rogue trader adventurers and pirates ranges.
@leadabestos, good Skrag, this one seems to have been busy lately ;)

Chico

Don't forget the White Dwarf Mini game:

White Dwarf: U.K. Edition (1983) featured a Warhammer Fantasy Battle mini-scenario The Crude, the Mad and the Rusty, pitting the lone Chaos Dwarf survivor of this massacre, aided by two goblin fanatics and a mechanical warrior, against Skrag.

Blue in VT

@Asslessman...I just got my hands on a spare copy of Skragg....drop me a PM if you are interested...I'm in the US of course so shipping is an issue.

Cheers,

Blue

Chico

Blue in VT

Chico":3te0r66v said:
Yup and I still hate Wotan ;)

I hear you on this one....I've been trying to paint up a copy of this figure for a friend of mine....but it just looks like poo....there isn't enough detail there to work with!

Cheers,

Blue

Asslessman

Oh, and here are Jaek and Helwud, the bl... hem chaos brothers :

DSC_5673.JPG

I'd be very interested to know why they came up with mixing the blues brothers and galdiatiors concept to make Khorne champions as arch-nemesis for Malal.
Zhu's post about Kaleb makes it clear about the influences for Kaleb but these 2 lads...

Mr Don hans : Ithink you've got one to show the world ;)

I am not sure what to think about the brothers... about their concept I mean. Execution is nice, but oh dear what were they thinking again... ;)

Asslessman

As it is supposed to be a Malal Demon prince, putting here where everything Malal should be seems to be theproper place :

2013-11-03+17.46.02.jpg
2013-11-03+17.46.26.jpg

2013-11-03+17.46.42.jpg
2013-11-03+17.47.08.jpg

Back