Dark Elf Sorceress on Manticore

Ketil Trout

Ok, something a little bit different for me...

Its not green. I think with a different pair of wings this manticore looks much less clunky, and yes I am aware that it’s meant to be a lion and not a tiger, but I thought this would be a little more striking.

Attachments

• manticore front.jpeg
    manticore front.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,969
  • manticore side.jpeg
    manticore side.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,969
  • manticore rear.jpeg
    manticore rear.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,969

Ketil Trout

Some more views

This one is destined to battle my orcs with the rest of Pygmy Witch Doctor's dark elves, hope its not too hungry.

Attachments

• manticore other side.jpeg
    manticore other side.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,967
  • manticore victim.jpeg
    manticore victim.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,967

Gallivantes

Awesome. I like the tiger pattern. Even though they're described as "generally leonine" in the 3rd ed book it also says that

"The Manticore is another creature of Chaos, an aberration of nature spawned as a result of horrifying mutating effects." and
"Manticores vary considerably in size and and specific detail"

Not to mention that there is a result on the Chaos Mutation random table called "Brightly Patterned Skin"...

So in that light I think you're tiger skin really fits :)

Golgfag1

Looking good, wouldn't worry about the Tiger paint job - perfectly acceptable in my opinion. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Birnam Wood shudders with Passion - thanks so much Ketil! very much looking forward to see this in the Flesh soon! may put my own dark elves to shame in comparison but the way the Sorceress is painted fits very well - a really great gift!

Plaiecivile

THAT my friend is a beautifully executed monster!
The tiger pattern fits right in and I like the contrast of the pale elve skin and manticore face compared to the overall beast.
Brings out the important spots and bind the miniature to its snowy base.

Back