Not Oldhammer, but Rogue Trader-ish...

winterdyne

I do a fair amount of studio paintwork. Recently I did a new faction for an indie game called Maelstrom's Edge (it's a squad-level skirmish affair, developed by a handful of guys behind Dakka Dakka (the forum, not the phrase)). Been thinking about whether or not to share them here...

These guys' clothing and equipment was designed by Tony Hough (yes, that Tony), and they've got a pretty Rogue Trader / 80's vibe in my opinion. Y'know, when costume departments had to make do with a distressed leather jacket, a climbing harness, some cricket pads and an imitation sheepskin rug from C&A. And a distinct lack of skulls, but plenty of round plates to paint a smiley face or VW logo.

Multipart kit (arms, legs, torsos, heads) so good fodder for conversion. Notches in the bases are something to do with the game (I've not even read the rules, I just paint what they send me/pay me for). Scale is a nice 'heroic' 28mm - a little leaner looking than GW's proportions (mostly down to consistent head and hand size, thanks be to CAD).

Thought you guys might like 'em.

First squad:
broken_squad1_done1.jpg

broken_squad1_done2.jpg

Second squad:
broken_squad2_done1.jpg

broken_squad2_done2.jpg

Third squad:
broken_squad3_done1.jpg

broken_squad3_done2.jpg

Group shot:
Broken_group200717F.jpg

Broken_group200717B.jpg

Dooz

I like them, saw a picture of those somewhere else last week and thought that it's something i need. Seems they are available for sale now
https://www.maelstromsedge.com/medge/store.jsp?p=32

Broken Infantry Pack x3 £26.49
Containing 18 models split over 12 sprues with a huge range of options, this pack allows you to build any of the main Broken squads as well as a command unit.
Contains: 3x Weapon and Head Sprue, 3x Body Sprue 1, 3x Body Sprue 2, 3x Body Sprue 3

to me it looks like each body sprue contains 12 set of arms, 4 heads, 4 pair of legs and 2 torsos, the weapon sprue contains 11 heads and 20-21 weapons.
Looks like a good way to bulk up your Claw Nebula Pirates force :o

winterdyne

Yeah, there's a LOT of parts. Dauntingly so. I was told they fit together in certain ways (but not told what those ways were, precisely) so I ended up just mashing bits together - it was faster and more fun than trying to identify 'correct' combinations of parts. The arms (of which you get a lot of spares) are bang on the right size to be interchangable with RT-era IG / genestealer hybrid arms. Which is nice. ;)

Back