Recent acquirement

Golgfag1

I've recent found a copy of this little rarity on e-bay - Chaos Beast, which I've purchased and thought I'd share.

http://www.solegends.com/citc/c022creatures/index.htm

Happy Bunny

Am wondering, if, any of you have picked up anything of interest recently?

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• spwan1.JPG
    spwan1.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 2,730
  • spawn3.JPG
    spawn3.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,730
  • spawn4.JPG
    spawn4.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,730

dazza36

Not as impressive but I recently managed to get my hands on a complete Orc Dog Cart (chariot). I wasn't even aware there was an orc version of the classic goblin battle chariot and the fact that the day I found out I was then able to find it on ebay for only £15 definitely makes it one of my all time best buys :grin: :grin: :grin:

Golgfag1

Well done 8-) , any chance of a picture to show everybody (me) what you're so excited about?

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

dazza36

Golgfag1":2bng8xc4 said:
Well done 8-) , any chance of a picture to show everybody (me) what you're so excited about?

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Here you go and here's the flyer I came across that started my search. The amazing thing for me is that I posted a question on CCM about these orc versions, got a reply stating they were called dog carts and at 5 am the next morning before work was able to not only find it on EBay but it was BIN and only £15 ! It has all the bits I wanted the big scythes and spikey sides plus Aardbod the nasty which is just a lovely figure and I love the fact he is covered in armour on his top half but nothing on bottom as why would he he's got his lovely chariot to protect his legs ! I can't wait to paint it but going to leave it as a treat after I've done my Ruglud's unit.

Mine
4RIfBY.jpg

Flyer
umHSkK.jpg

I have two of the goblin versions so may replace the yoke with the version with the spike and dwarf head.

Ketil Trout

Aardbod and his man-catcher is a favourite of mine too, I have him lined up to man my Marauder orc chariot accompanied by the altenative wyvern rider with the halberd from the Citadel Wyvern box. Look forward to seeing your version, and your Ruglud’s too.

Gallivantes

Those chaos oddities are funky indeed... and finding anything that comes with the weel scythes still included surely is an achievement! They never seem to come with mine :grin:

Here are a few acquisitions that made me raise an eyebrow for one reason or other.

The elves were listed as "some elves" or something similarly non-descript from an Ebay seller I had already bought some stuff off of, so I was already invested in the postage. I believe I picked them up for somewhere around £1-1.50 each I think. Turns out they're Eternal Champion personalities. Left is "16/Elric of Imryrr" from 1988 catalogue. Right one is "15/Dyvim Tvar" from same set. I also got "5/Elric the Whitewolf" in the deal. He was excused from the photo here due to awful paint and missing slottatab. The middle elf chap I'm not sure of. He's in the '91 elf section as simply "Sword 3" but he's on the same page as the other three relabelled as sword 2/4/9 so I do wonder if he has older ancestry. Anybody know?

I am not massively into elves but I did think that Eternal Champion stuff for that price was rather neat so I was very happy to get them.

The next fella I have only been able to identify with the help of the excellent Jaeckel Alone blog. http://jaeckelalone.blogspot.se/2017/03/swordsman-8.html. Some kind of "unreleased Marauder" it says there, although I do not know if that alludes to the company or the infantry type. Can't remember what I paid but I am pretty habitual with what I pay for stuff so I estimate I got him for a few quid tops? I am just glad to have him irrespective of rarity or value as he is a proper chaos marauder-ey type I will surely find use for.

The red chap was a nice surprise. I bought a chaos job lot which had a minotaur lord converted into a daemon prince with a pair of wings on his back. After payment the seller messaged me "I think I have some odds and sods, a demon guy or something. I will send him along too." This turned out to be the original owner of the wings. So I ended up getting a demon lord into the bargain. Listed as "C28 Giant Demon"/"C28 Death Demon" (1985) and "C28 Creeping Demon Lord" (1986). I seem to recall that the "odds and sods" also included a citadel gobbo wolf rider + wolf which isn't exceedingly rare or expensive but a nice enough freebie nonetheless!

The orcs with separate arms are unreleased savage orcs according to CCM http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Orcs_-_Unreleased. I have eight arms so all four are complete. These are the arm varieties I have. I don't have the bow arm listed on CCM but I do have the axe arm shown here which does not appear on CCM. Bought as part of a job lot of older orcs and whatnots they didn't have a singular purchase price as such but the average cost split would put them under a couple of quid each for me, tops.

So... anybody got the lowdown on the elf guy, other than '91 Red catalogue?

much obliged

Attachments

• Interesting_miniatures.jpg
    Interesting_miniatures.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 2,598
Hi Gallivantes , i just undercoated the 'unreleased marauder' in your photo afew weeks ago, not got round to painting him yet , he is from my childhood collection that has survived - i think i got him in a blister pack of human warriors - but really cant remember. Soon will paint him to join human slaves unit. look forward to see your painting of him sometime soon.

Gallivantes

Citizen Sade":3bw8dp6q said:
Looks like your mystery Elf could simply be a variant of the prince from the Elven attack chariot set. Link
Indeed he is, nice spot. And I just spotted him in the Late Summer 1989 Trade Catalog labelled "General" in the High Elf section. The chariot came out 1987 so I guess he popped up 87-89 some time.

Pygmy Witch Doctor":3bw8dp6q said:
Hi Gallivantes , i just undercoated the 'unreleased marauder' in your photo afew weeks ago, not got round to painting him yet , he is from my childhood collection that has survived - i think i got him in a blister pack of human warriors - but really cant remember
And I just checked back with the Jaeckel Alone blog and it says in plain writing that he's a Marauder Miniatures item. Must have been drunk when I checked it before, d'oh!

Back