Mini Kev Adams style Diorama

Ogg

Well I haven't posted anything painted yet and figured I would start with something unusual ;)
I made this little diorama as a present for a friend a few months back, the pics are not great (probably should of taken photos before varnishing it as it has made the mushrooms look a little odd)

2wEOOcd.png

The base is actually a plastic screw top tub, the idea was that it can be used as a container for jewellery etc.

ouOAitx.png

N8k9EgS.png

The minis are: an orcling rider from Foundry, a snotling and an old chaos familiar

z1P2pKD.png

lj7I3OO.png

3AmkaNc.png

It is supposed to tell a story, the goblin on the lizard-thing is fishing, the snotling is swearing at him and whilst distracted a 'thing' is rising from the pool to grab him, although his mount has noticed, kind of a what happens next type scenario...

Quite pleased with how it came out, it was also really fun to do and made a nice change of pace from painting single miniatures for gaming, gave me a real itch to do some more dioramas in future :grin:

Ogg

Thanks! It really reminded me how much i love doing scenery, I have already started on a bigger and more ambitious version ;) I have been painting a lot of nurgle and undead stuff recently so it was nice to paint with a brighter pallete again!

Back