The sun will never set on the Slann Empire

Thanks Ramshackle - i agree i need to go back and add washes and more details - i got distracted by painting Dark Elves and Harlequins the last weeks but here is another Spawn Band unit (once complete will be unit of 20) and the Charge of the Cold One Brigade...(one Cold One photo with added single Heroes at front)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 6,413
  • IMG_3129.JPG
    IMG_3129.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 6,413
  • IMG_3126 (1).JPG
    IMG_3126 (1).JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 6,413
Hi again, been working today on more Idols for Lustria - so i thought i would set up the Pygmy Ally Contingent in their Lustrian Village. Around 40 original Pgymy the rest are Kallistra, Reaper and a french company - there is an Amazon hidden in there too - i was given her but sadly with no arms so had to give her a Zulu shield and a spear from elsewhere. Difficult to photograph the set up. I don't know the maker of the Pygmy Drum

Attachments

• IMG_3314.JPG
    IMG_3314.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 6,323
  • IMG_3315.JPG
    IMG_3315.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 6,323
  • IMG_3316.JPG
    IMG_3316.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 6,323
a few more photos - bought the three Head idols today and repainted just now

Attachments

• IMG_3317.JPG
    IMG_3317.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 6,322
  • IMG_3319.JPG
    IMG_3319.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 6,322
  • IMG_3318.JPG
    IMG_3318.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 6,322

Niko

You break my heart again ! :lol:
A wonderful pigmy contingent ! Where did you find the mask idols ? I want them !!!

Thanks again Niko! the 3 Head Idols are from a hardware shop / Baumarkt - in Berlin in the Aquarium section - but made by Disney so i think it must be easy to find them online - i could not resist buying them and repainting them

Ketil Trout

Pygmies look great and new idols too, the greenskins have crossed the sea, and, mainly intact, prepare for war in Lustria

Some Slann Army updates - here the Cold One War Hounds with alternative Handler , a couple of childhood Slann 'conversions' which have just been repainted - the pot pourri 'Headdress' was made 28 years ago (strong hairspray in Lustria) - a new Slann recruit and WIP Slann Cold One rider. Ketil Trout is staying in Berlin and fixing with wire one of my broken Scorpions - he brought also 4 great Amazon and the Talisman Zulu as gifts.

Attachments

• IMG_3355.JPG
    IMG_3355.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 2,610
  • IMG_3356.JPG
    IMG_3356.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 2,610
  • IMG_3186.JPG
    IMG_3186.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 2,610
Hi again, Slann progress has been slow as i ran out of shields, need to acetone alot and i discovered wash/ink which means going back and reworking about over Slann which i cant face doing yet...but here are afew more single Slann painted the last months, and a Venom Tribe unit (which need wash colour - plus about 20 of the crouching / blowpipe figures still need to be cleaned with acetone) and a long term WIP project of getting a unit of 40 Human Slaves together - due to the high costs of the original models i am creating a mixed unit - almost in the style of Slann Slave gladiators ... just did the Talisman Zulu who still needs his shield. Photos came out really dark, sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_3766.JPG
    IMG_3766.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 2,545
  • IMG_3764.JPG
    IMG_3764.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 2,545
  • IMG_3762.JPG
    IMG_3762.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,545
Slann progress also slow due to working on enemy units- rather than creating a new thread here are some "Enemy of the Slann" ' - various Settlers in Lustria- including Halflings (a peace treaty may be signed with them) , Tribal Orcs - including Oldhammer, Scotia Grendel and mainly Ral Partha (15 more to paint) and a unit of Orc Skeletons from Scotia Grendel - worrying times for the Slann...current project is a unit of Halfling Skeletons from a recent Kickstarter project

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    122 KB · Views: 2,545
  • IMG_3770 (1).JPG
    IMG_3770 (1).JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 2,545
  • IMG_3767.JPG
    IMG_3767.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 2,545
Back on the Slann: and cleaned camera lense so these should be brighter now. Just finnished a preslotta Slann , 2 Eagle warriors and an 'Amazon?' from Ketil Trout (thanks!). Then went back to the very first Slann unit i painted and added a little bit more detail - they are still quite rough but some how i like them - a unit of 15 to be used as a primitive Spawn Band or Bull Slann or to bolster the Alligator Warrior ranks. Added a photo of non Slann Frogs from Mantic which i could use as scouts or levy. The original Alligator Warriors are now in acetone so i hope to have them done before the New Year of the Coatl.

Attachments

• IMG_3804.JPG
    IMG_3804.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 2,472
  • IMG_3803.JPG
    IMG_3803.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 2,472
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,472

Golgfag1

No, I'd say his easily out-stripping me - with painted figures at the moment, as my Slann/lizardmen haven't seen the painting table in almost a year! :?

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1":1ctzjt3a said:
No, I'd say his easily out-stripping me at the moment - with painted figures at the moment, as my Slann/lizardmen haven't seen the painting table in almost a year! :?

Paul / Golgfag1

Well it will be a loooong time before anybody comes up with as many cold one riders as you! ;).

Thanks Otto/Sean! i was lucky and as a child bought a second hand army to add to what i had, then when 4th came out bought as much Slann as i could at the Edinburgh G.W in a reduced price box. Seeing your thread recently inspired/motivated me at last to start to clean the shock elites and get them started. I found Goblin Lee's blog when i got back in to Slann, amazing! especially the 3 unreleased Slann but really an unbelievable army. Hope to see more Slann from Paul sometime - those preslotta Cold Ones are really beautiful. Just going to upload the last days Slann progress, then no more uploads until i complete some units. (Otto i will check the post box today for the new recruits - no post in Germany since the 23rd)

At last painted one of my oldest models - the Coatl. I was always too nervous to paint and did not know how to deal with the plastic flying base. 2 days ago at last got the courage. Then painted Chief Hintsa (lvl. 25) on a 4th ed. Cold One. He will lead the Southern Lustrian regiments. Working on the idea that the Central Lustrian Authority had been at war with the South for a number of reasons including that the central authority had outlawed the unclean practice of eating Human Settlers. Despite this still being practiced by Hintsa's followers the ever growing threat to the Slann from invasion has meant a unified response and a temporary peace exists between the Slann tribes. Hintsa's tribe also claim the traditional right to always be placed on the right flank of the army in battle - this may have disastrous consequences,we shall see... (not happy with Hintsa's shield but will re do later). plus another Venom tribe and an Eagle Warrior just finnished.

Attachments

• IMG_3827.JPG
    IMG_3827.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 2,386
  • IMG_3825.JPG
    IMG_3825.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 2,386
  • IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 2,386

Ketil Trout

Very nice indeed Pygmy, the coatl in particular is great, a riot of colour in Lustria. Photos very bright and clear too, very much looking forward to next update.

Back