The sun will never set on the Slann Empire

Ketil Trout

A mighty spawning indeed, these look great all together. Complete immersion in Lustria, the terrain and backdrop are very nice too.

Thanks all for the kind words in response to the army photos! Before Boyl i went back and gave fresh colour to about 50 citadel Pygmys to bring over for Rigg's Shrine and friday battle vs Ketil Trouts Giants (battle report soon to come). Also after the slaves i got in Munich were identified here as being from the Ral Partha Amazon Chariot i got one and finnished it last night (the blister pack was missing the Spear and the pole between the wheels so had to use a See 30 Amazon spear ) . On the subject of Boyl - too incredible to describe, and great to meet some of the people here on the forum. And to finally see in the flesh Thantsant's Slann and Paul's pre Slotta Slann hordes and the Slann in the Foundry cabinets, plus the Tenoch/Eru Kin Slann army with Kalistra pygmys at the Rigg's Shrine. No breakfast and several coffees, - here the Amazon chariot and a couple more Jaguar warriors done this week and 1 of the See 30 Amazons collected at Boyl (by Geoff Solomon-Sims)

Attachments

• IMG_5039.JPG
    IMG_5039.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 1,756
  • IMG_5037.JPG
    IMG_5037.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,756
  • IMG_5038.JPG
    IMG_5038.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 1,756
And here, the first done See 30 Amazons, really wonderful figures, with great scale next to the Slann. Plus the Pygmy's ready for the invasion of England pre Boyl, and a photo of my only Pygmy's to survive and escape Rigg's Shrine, and loot the battlefield for heads to shrink upon their return to Berlin. Should have had breakfast before taking photos this morning.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (10).jpg
    FullSizeRender (10).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,755
  • IMG_4825.JPG
    IMG_4825.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,755
  • IMG_5041.JPG
    IMG_5041.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,755

Golgfag1

I wouldn't expect anything else, cracking stuff 8-) , I'll have to get one or two of those chariots myself :lol: to add to the growing horde.

Paul/Golgfag1

Cheers Paul, am tempted also to get a 2nd of these Chariots, and to replace the Amazons with pre slotta Slann and then add a couple more slaves to the front , connected to the other 2 by mini chains...at some point , first finally complete the jaguar warrior unit.

twisted moon

Pygmy Witch Doctor":33ahc5ge said:
And here, the first done See 30 Amazons, really wonderful figures, with great scale next to the Slann.

they look great; how do they scale next to citadel c30 amazons? i've got 17 of the see 30 coming my way, and am considering trawling ebay to get up to 20.

Hi Twisted Moon, i think they are meant to be 1-1 scale with the originals , but i dont own any so i cant compare, plus currently not in Berlin. Best to check with Fimm McCool to be certain of the scale. Hope to see your amazons on the forum and good luck getting 3 more originals (trying to resist buying any - think will stick with Foundry Aztecs for small Tribal Aztec contigent)

twisted moon

thanks for getting back to me. it was fimm's sculpting thread that put me on to these; hopefully he'll see this and comment. it's tobcon this weekend, preparation for which has been taking up almost all my hobby time; once that's out the way i'll get back to painting and posting. not sure how quickly the amazons will get done though. i've also got fimm's aedwyrm to work on.

Fimm McCool

Nice work on painting those See Thirties... Much better than my rushed job over a beer at BOYL! Great to see them in the wild.

twisted moon":3hucno1x said:
how do they scale next to citadel c30 amazons? i've got 17 of the see 30 coming my way, and am considering trawling ebay to get up to 20.

I don't have any pics unfortunately, but they were sculpted with C30s in hand and I think they came out pretty close. There were both kinds floating at BOYL so maybe there are some comparison shots around?

twisted moon

thanks fimm; i'm not too precious about comparative size, so i'll probably take the plunge in the (unlikely) event i find some c30s on ebay for a price i'm prepared to pay.

Slow progress on Jaguar Warriors - only 2 more done, but got their Hero done - Gurgill, and a standard bearer for the Blue Bull Slann (using the Foundry Aztec standards bought at Boyl). Been concentrating on a 2nd Blue Slann contingent from a 2nd Slann city...more photos to follow now (sneaked in some enemies here rather than in a new thread for the lead from Munich that been working through also)

Attachments

• IMG_5149.JPG
    IMG_5149.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 2,017
  • slann2.JPG
    slann2.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 2,017
  • slann1.JPG
    slann1.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 2,017
The commander of the Blue Slann, whose face may not be gazed upon by 'common' Slann, Tenoch with Foundry Aztec standards

Attachments

• IMG_5421.JPG
    IMG_5421.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 2,016
  • IMG_5418.JPG
    IMG_5418.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 2,016
  • IMG_5419.JPG
    IMG_5419.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 2,016
And a couple of Blue Bull Slann - from Bizaza plus Tenoch , an orange hero for the braves unit and another pre slotta Brave to add to the Venom Tribe

Attachments

• IMG_5417.JPG
    IMG_5417.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 2,015
  • IMG_5416.JPG
    IMG_5416.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 2,015
Finally a Slann hero on Cold one again with Foundry standard, plus, sneaked in some of the Rafm 'Shambling Death' box that i am currently painting. Started to rework the Slann War Altar, but will save photos for once done. Back to undercoating more Shambling Death now.

Attachments

• IMG_5423.JPG
    IMG_5423.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 2,014
  • IMG_5424.JPG
    IMG_5424.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 2,014
  • IMG_5422.JPG
    IMG_5422.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 2,014
Bought some more Scotia Grendel scenery at Battlefield Berlin last week - begun to paint them. And some more single Slann done for various units, plus first 2 Foundry Aztecs and a couple more See Thirty Amazons done.

Attachments

• IMG_5886.JPG
    IMG_5886.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 1,644
  • IMG_5888.JPG
    IMG_5888.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 1,644
  • IMG_5889.JPG
    IMG_5889.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,644
And got enough Jaguar Warriors done for a 2000pt army, but still more to go....also painted some contemporary Eru Kin/Diehard Miniatures to rank up with old models (they will go in another unit later) - but really enjoyed painting a 'Slann' musician figure - plus waiting the release of the Tenoch drummers and will search for lead drums to add to single Slann brave models to add more musicians.....soon the Slann head North to invade Ketil Trout's lair, so probably no more updates this year....but next year finish the Jaguars and at last start on the Venom Tribe and start process of repainting the units posted here when i first started to paint figures again.

Attachments

• IMG_5892.JPG
    IMG_5892.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 1,643
  • IMG_5891 (1).JPG
    IMG_5891 (1).JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 1,643
  • IMG_5890 (1).JPG
    IMG_5890 (1).JPG
    166 KB · Views: 1,643
Decided on saturday morning to begin the process of adding fresh colours to units that were painted with just one paint for skin colour when i returned to the hobby and a dark red/almost black for feathers. So i got the Scouts out the cupboard and redid them all. Though still quite rough, and i wont paint anymore Slann with pure white eyes, i much prefer them now with brightened feathers and skin. The animal handler might end up not being in this unit but his feathers and skin redone now also. 2 more Scouts ready to paint and gave one a Diehard Eru Kin shield for some variety in the unit (in third photo)

Attachments

• IMG_6224.JPG
    IMG_6224.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,400
  • IMG_6222.JPG
    IMG_6222.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,400
  • IMG_6223.JPG
    IMG_6223.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 1,400
At the end of November i painted Kremlo at last and from this year a Foundry alligator to use as a unit filler for the Alligator Warriors. Plus a Magnificent Sven Slann painted some weeks ago. Also in November i made this Slann temple as scenery for 'Death in Lustria' made up Skirmish game but also as a backdrop for photos. I still need to paint the shields and dwarf head above the door (a tribute to the Dwarven army that slaughtered my Slann in every battle). The War Altar Golden Toad now has a Foundry Aztec head dress and should be lurking in the background in these photos. (sorry not great photos - there is not much space here so the light is blocked by me taking the photos)

Attachments

• IMG_6228.JPG
    IMG_6228.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 1,397
  • IMG_6226.JPG
    IMG_6226.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,397
  • IMG_6225.JPG
    IMG_6225.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,397
Back