My Greenskins

Ketil Trout

Thanks portman and JonAtron, much appreciated.

Got some boar boys finished in time for BOYL, mainly old Citadels plus a boss from Knightmare Miniatures. He's a bit bigger, but a lovely figure. I think he fits in well.

Hopefully they can run down some opponents on Thorkinson's Island.

Attachments

• boar boys right.jpeg
    boar boys right.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 1,888
  • boar boys left.jpeg
    boar boys left.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,888
  • boar boys.jpeg
    boar boys.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,888

Ketil Trout

BOYL has also prompted me to get around to painting my Man o War fleet which provided a refreshing change of scale. True to the originals I've made these a bit brighter than is usual for me

I'm really looking forward to using these, having not played any Man o War for about twenty years

Attachments

• man o war fleet.jpeg
    man o war fleet.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 1,885

dazza36

Loving the Boarboyz and definitely gives me the urge to get some paint on mine. Its very helpful to see a unit completed, as you've clearly had to deal with issues that i know I will come across. Mainly the lack of a musician and how to rank them up in a way that looks good! Both of which i think you've pulled off so congrats on that.

Ketil Trout

Thanks all, been a bit slow on the greenskin front recently, although I should have a unit of chaos goblins finished soon.

I did manage to get a few games in with Pygmy Witch Doctor upon his festive visit home. Unfortunately I didn't get any decent shots of his slann or halflings as they joined my freshly painted wood elves to tackle my orcs. I did stage this one later though:

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• orcs_v_elves.jpeg
    orcs_v_elves.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 1,444
Great at last to see and use your terrain and board! Wonderful self made trees , hills and Troll Cave. Also a pleasure to use your painted Wood Elves! Thank you.

Ketil Trout

Thanks Pygmy, was good to get some games in, even if the greenies didn't cover themselves with glory.

I have a few things brewing but have managed to finish an ettin from Knightmare Games, really like this figure and am waiting patiently for their latest Kickstarter round of Kev Adams green skins to arrive.

All these monsters have me dreaming of a troll army

Attachments

• ettin rear.jpeg
    ettin rear.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,185
  • ettin side.jpeg
    ettin side.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1,185
  • ettin.jpeg
    ettin.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 1,185

Flinsh

Hey, for me there is to much on the base but i just preff more basic stuff there :razz:
But i like the paint job, model looks great! Gratz :)

Plaiecivile

Wow! brilliant!
The contrasts are beautiful, plus the base make him look like he is running down a mountain to put up a fight.
Keep feeding us!

Ketil Trout

Thanks all, glad you like him/them/it, can’t take much credit for the basing, much of the detailing consists of real lichen, roots or seeds just glued straight on.

Ketil Trout

Re: My Greenskins- New Trolls

Finished some trolls, well some trolls and a mutant ogre, but I'm counting him as troll now.

I went with a mix of skin tones because they are such individual models but perhaps they are a bit less coherent as a unit as a result

Attachments

• trolls rear.jpg
    trolls rear.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 1,226
  • trolls front.jpg
    trolls front.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 1,226
Very glad to see these. Looking much good. very much like the skin colours and all the fine details to discover on the bases. Details , colours variety and bases seem to work very well as a whole unit also.

Back