*Puts Bretonnians in box*
*Tapes Box up. Using entire roll of sellotape*
*Wraps box in aluminum foil using a 30 metre roll*
*Wraps that in another roll of sellotape*
*Encases package in clay*
*Hardens clay in oven*
*Chains clay package to a large rock*
*Carries package to bridge*
*Stands over the support pillar that the current swirls around and drags everything straight down*
*Drops box in current*
*Goes home and claims to have never owned Bretonnians*

Toison d'or

No ! Please, Mr Gallowglacht, don't do that !

- First, a bretonnian mini that disappears, it's the price on E-bay that increase. :o
- Second, with patience and time, I'm sure you can do just the same with your own figurines :grin:
If you need any advice, have any questions on some points, I'll be glad to answer.

Toison d'or

Slowly, but my questing knight unit is growing. Here are my last two knights, a musician and an uncommon questing knight. I used the arms of the original minis from the GW studio, I love this "old time" flavour ! :)

imgp4410.jpg

imgp4411.jpg

imgp4412.jpg

Now, the uncommon questing knight (the horse crest, body 5 to be more precise) :

imgp4414.jpg

imgp4417.jpg

imgp4415.jpg

And the six knights I managed to paint during the past year (2017) : sooooooo slow to progress ... :roll:

imgp4419.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy these two more knights !
Feel free to ask question, I'm always glad to answer.

The invested time definitely pays out, awesome painting.
Very rich metallics and impressive heraldry. The ornaments on the lance are incredible.

I`ve got some Bretonnians myself and this is a very good reference and a reminder not to be sloppy ;).
This thread is a great inspiration - thank you for that.

Thank you for these great minis.
I hope that you are successful in collecting all questing knights (and show them here painted ;)).

The red/white knight: The blueish parts on the saddle a.s.o. disturb the overall appearance a little from my point of view. You set the standards very high so I hope that I am allowed to make such an remark :).

The precision in your painting is just amazing, once again I admire the ornaments on the lances and the overall combination of colors and patterns. It is at the same time detailed but not overdone.

JonAtron

Love the work, crisp very tidy and consistent. These are going to look amazing on the table as well as the display shelf!

Toison d'or

I hope that I am allowed to make such an remark
@TheHoodedMan : Of course, you're warmly welcome to make your remarks : it's the best way for me to progress in my painting !
The day everybody will find my minis perfect, I'll only have to give away my brushes ... :grin:
For the blueish white, you're not the first to point the probleml (I post on a french painting forum and they are far more critical than here ;) ). At the begining, I try to do three different white for the mini : the horse (plain white shadowed in black), the clothes (ivory white shadowed with beige) and a third one I wanted to look more "cold". The solution I choose (plain white shadowed with blue) was a little extreme. If it was to do it again, I would choose a melange of blue and black. :?

These are going to look amazing on the table as well as the display shelf!
@JonAtron : it's a pity, but they scarcely saw the daylight when painted : I got too many knights at home and the new ones must be stored in closed metal boxes ... :cry:
Thank you both for the comments. :razz:

Back