OOP goodness arrives at the office!

I come in to the office today, and what greets me at the desk......

DSCF5607.jpg

DSCF5605.jpg

Looks like Dad pulled a fast one on me. Keeping me unaware of his foul ebay dealings. :lol:

Blue in VT

Awesome!!! That box takes me way back! That one and ulthers were my first foray into dwarfy goodness!

Enjoy!

Chico

Always wanted that Standard Bearer for my Chaos Dwarf/Outcast Dwarfs, seen as i mix Norse Dwarfs and Chaos ones together that Standard is the perfect mix of the 2 :)

That must have brightened your day!
It does and it doesn't. Dad being more a painter has way to many armies started and none near completion. So trying to get him to buckle down and get one done so we can start gaming more. Of course this is going to be an awesome addition to his dwarf army.

Always wanted that Standard Bearer for my Chaos Dwarf/Outcast Dwarfs, seen as i mix Norse Dwarfs and Chaos ones together that Standard is the perfect mix of the 2 :)

Chico,
Agreed that standard could go either way. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Bugman...32?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item20c48d911c

Dreamfish

Administrator
Been there, done that, would like to do it again...

Attachments

• dwarfs - 3rd ed. - bugman's dwarf rangers.jpg
    dwarfs - 3rd ed. - bugman's dwarf rangers.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 4,424

RogueWally

Besides the un-ethical nature of recasting...

Whats the real downside of painting and playing with re-casts? Once painted and out of the original packaging these models loose any kind of "collectable" value. These are toys meant to be played with and enjoyed.

Chico

Part of the joy for me is collecting the the old figures, because well there old and it gives me that nostalgia feeling which is all part of the 3rd Ed charm.

So recasts stop a important part of why i bother with OOP and don't just buy new from GW. Plus most recasts of OOP will try to sell for stupid amounts.. it ain't rare now you just casted up 20 minis so don't sell it as one.

phreedh

Most recasts are pisspoor casts too... Consider the fact that they're using an already cast model as a master.

Nice haul, ABG!

bug16

I hate recasting as well. I've accidentally bought recasts on ebay, usually painted models that become obvious recasts once stripped, and they were dreadful quality.

I get a real kick out of buying an original lead filled model from the 80's, stripping it, cleaning it up, and then painting it.

Back