Model you have owned the longest before you got around to pa

Orjetax

What's the model that you've owned the longest before finally getting it painted?

I thought this might be a fun topic, especially if you have pictures to share.

I owned the beholder seen at center the picture below for about 22 years before painting it two days ago.

The
e53151ebbbd8945f4397af8be2d93a95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Model you have owned the longest before you got around t

I'm so old I can't remember

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Orjetax

Mr Papafakis":2oz8l1lq said:
I'm so old I can't remember

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

This may be the best response possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fimm McCool

Model I've owned the longest is tricky since I gave away pretty much everything I had in the early 2000s so my current leadpile is almost entirely the work of the last 6-8 years. Can't immediately remember what I have now which predates that, but the things that have sat in my collection longest are probably LOTR miniatures (from the film era, not the 80s).

This fella. I bought it mail order in 1986, and painted it last year, so it's been sat on the shelf for thirty years!

24460273430_32deee9f3c_o.jpg

winterdyne

Longest wait was probably this chap which I did for GDUK2011, having bought the model in... oh, whenever it came out; 1999? Pretty much everything else I have painted I've either bought more recently, or overpainted an existing job.

freelancer_done3.jpg

Great thread!

Actually I know EXACTLY what minis I've taken the longest to paint.

Back in early 90s I lived in Avery remote rural part of Denmark and by the time I met other 40k players, I already had a fully painted ork army, which ofcourse was impressive: a newbie gamer showing up with a fully painted force… well almost!

There was one "unit" I never got around to paint,l because after all, they were just ammo for my Shokk Attack Gun… yep I never got around to paint my snotlings!

I have carried them with me since then and lost quite a few, but when I got back into painting Rouge Trader Orks recently, I made a point out of collecting the few I have left to make a single snotling base and paint them!

Attachments

• IMG_2820.JPG
    IMG_2820.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 3,010

winterdyne":1wzxtgme said:
Longest wait was probably this chap which I did for GDUK2011

This looks amazing. What a paint job and what a atmospheric setting.

UrchinJoe

I really liked the idea of this topic, and I was going to post back at the start of the month. Then I realised that I actually still had, unpainted in my pile of shame, another mini I'd bought on the same day and still hadn't painted yet! So, thanks for inspiring me to finally finish off the last mini that I bought back in the 90s: Slicegut the zombie.

slicegut.jpg

I painted the shield a few months ago following some tips I'd seen on Realm of Chaos 80s, but had no idea what to do with the mini himself. My wife came to the rescue there - I had a duplicate lying around, and she asked if she could try her hand at painting one. She hated the experience, so, I guess we won't be sharing in the hobby.

Joseph.

Galpino

The model I had the longest before painting is this dwarf thunderer. Last year I found a stash of about 20 unpainted or half base coated figures that I'd bought around 1995. I finished him a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• yellow hood.jpg
    yellow hood.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,772
Back