Heroes for Dungeonquest

Sleepysod

They are lovely and Dungeonquest is a great game. Completely a game of chance, but great fun. When I worked for GW this was no longer on sale, but when we went up to head office for induction there was a huge aisle in the warehouse which had loads of old games and add ons - including piles of dungeon quest and heroes for dungeon quest. We were allowed to buy as much lead as we wanted but could touch anything from that aisle, much to my disappointment...

Spooktalker

Mr Papafakis":1bny2pp9 said:
Boss!!! That's a whole lot fantastic right there :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Thanks! :)

Sleepysod":1bny2pp9 said:
They are lovely and Dungeonquest is a great game. Completely a game of chance, but great fun. When I worked for GW this was no longer on sale, but when we went up to head office for induction there was a huge aisle in the warehouse which had loads of old games and add ons - including piles of dungeon quest and heroes for dungeon quest. We were allowed to buy as much lead as we wanted but could touch anything from that aisle, much to my disappointment...

I wonder where those copies wound up! I have to say I don't pity you too too much with a consolation prize like "as much lead as we wanted" at a discount, I presume. :lol: I picked it up only about 3-4 years ago at a con, where I got a deal, but then better, I lucked into the figures and expansion on ebay for way under value. Unlike Talisman (painting now), which I had in childhood. My Dungeonquest games have been great fun, and I find the high risk and deadliness of the game leads to laughs of the gallows-humor-type, and treasure-room action can lead to hilarity.

Sleepysod

Spooktalker":1331sahp said:
I wonder where those copies wound up! I have to say I don't pity you too too much with a consolation prize like "as much lead as we wanted" at a discount, I presume. :lol:

For anything that wasn't boxed we paid lead weight only. Boxed and books all half price. Hundreds of small plastic bins in the factory, one for each casting. It was like kids in a sweet shop. Pix and mix.

With all of the staff discounts and freebies (you got given every new game) in one year I built up my dwarves, made a brand new skaven army (never painted), a new brettonian army, epic marines, all the necromunda gangs... and all on a princely wage of £7,300 per year.

Lestodante

Amazing paint job! And I love the Heroes for Dungeonquest set.... what a pity you miss Siegfried, but his "brother" is not bad!!

inchmurrin

Great work on the heroes, must have a try at getting the game never played it when it came out I was too into AD&D.

Zhu Bajie

Hey, these look great. Was almost fooled by the layout it was just a WD scan, but the paint jobs are excellent

inchmurrin":id76oyvd said:
Great work on the heroes, must have a try at getting the game never played it when it came out I was too into AD&D.

Get it! It's nothing like AD&D, it's a very 1 dimensional tile-based boardgame that is essentially a race to get in and out of a dungeon with as much treasure as possible before a dragon wakes up and kills everyone. Combat is a variation of paper-scissors stone, and it is totally brutal. Maybe 80% of games end with all the characters dead / losing. Great fun.

Back