Outremer: Faith and Blood - Miniatures

As some of you have already guessed I am the author of the up-and-coming Crusade Era skirmish game from Osprey entitled Outremer: Faith and Blood, which has just gone on pre-order on Amazon. Whilst I can't say too much about the game just yet I would like to show you some models that I have painted up for playing it. These guys are Military Order warriors from the Templars and Hospitallers and have been fighting as a warband in my play tests. I envision this game being very popular amongst Oldhammerers!

blogger-image-142650815.jpg

blogger-image--645773492.jpg

blogger-image--463265093.jpg

blogger-image--821370600.jpg

blogger-image--1035016832.jpg

blogger-image--1642544810.jpg

These guys were a real joy to paint, I find the mix of black and white models breaks the potential monotony of painting.

The models themselves are a mix of Fireforge; Essex and Perry miniatures. I have deliberately painted them to look like the artwork from the front cover of my book as it's such a great piece of art that Osprey have commissioned for me.

There's a bit more info on my blog at:
https://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/templars-hospitallers-and-outremer.html

I'll be working on some Saracen fighters next....

Fuxxx

These guys look really nice! Takes me back to my childhood, when I would read everything medieval related and stared at the pictures of knights (yeah sometimes even in a crusade context) :grin:

I know what you mean; I have loved Knights ever since I was a kid....and I still love them.

I have managed to knock out another two Military Order Warriors this week:

blogger-image-1027918395.jpg

However Knights always need a stoic, intractable enemy to fight... So I've also spent a good few hours working on my Islamic/Saracen warband for playing Outremer: Faith and Blood with:

blogger-image-2116040907.jpg

blogger-image--535619433.jpg

blogger-image--1536715480.jpg

blogger-image--1517634237.jpg

blogger-image-624462943.jpg

As ever there's a bit more detail on the game and the models on my blog at:

https://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/saracen-forces-outremer-faith-and-blood.html

Cheers mate!

I imagine I'll be doing a fantasy spin of set of rules so these guys could find themselves repurposed!! I have to say painting the white was emotional!

Orjetax

Great stuff.

What was your approach to the skin for the saracens?

I'm always after good ideas to steal to make my space dwarfs a bit more diverse . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This week I've been working on a Crusader warband for my up-and-coming
skirmish game, Outremer: Faith and Blood.

I've been working on this warband for a while and have just added a few more heavy hitters to it. I've used a red and yellow colour scheme throughout in order to give the force a sense of cohesion and tie the fighters together on the battlefield. There is a mix of heavy and light infantry in the force to provide some tactical options to the warband, along with some ranged firepower to support the melee fighters.

blogger-image--2042955448.jpg

blogger-image-1466017697.jpg

blogger-image-1599998571.jpg

blogger-image--1163907793.jpg

blogger-image--1748253392.jpg

There's a bit more detail on my blog at:

https://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/crusader-warband-outremer-faith-and.html

Well I've been working on some more models for my new rule set Outremer: Faith and Blood this week.

blogger-image--834741366.jpg

As it is a skirmish-level campaign game it makes sense to have different versions of each character in order to represent different weapon load-outs!

blogger-image-2097364546.jpg

So I've been working on a mounted variant of one of my Warlords... horses are potent tools in the game so it makes sense to give them to your most powerful fighters where they can act as real force multipliers!

blogger-image-771203253.jpg

The models are both from the Conquest Norman Range of boxsets which are very versatile and cross-compatible!

Overall I'm really pleased with this model, there are more photos and a bit more information on my blog:

https://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/crusader-cavalry-outremer-faith-and.html

Back