1995 Vindicare Assassin vs 2016 Vindicare Assassin

As it is now 20 years since the original Codex Assassins came out (yes it really was 1997) I have decided to set myself a little hobby challenge... I am going to paint one of each of these classic old metal models (which were in fact sculpted in 1995) alongside its replacement model from the Execution Force boxed game! First up.... we have the snipers of the Vindicare Temple:

blogger-image-234153182.jpg

1995 Model - Front

blogger-image--559263345.jpg

1995 Model - Rear

blogger-image--389956260.jpg

2016 Model - Front

blogger-image-1712314626.jpg

2016 Model - Rear

Overall I really enjoyed painting these models and I think that they came out nicely... though it is clear the newer model is considerably larger than its predecessor.

I have included a load more photos and some additional detail on my blog at:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/1995-vindicare-assassin-vs-2016.html

Orjetax

Both look great. Fun project.

Glad you posted this on the forum as well as your blog. I tend to miss posts that are blog-only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fimm McCool

These are great, and that's such a nice project. From your photos they look like they'd scale really well, but I saw you mention on your blog that the new models are on 32mm bases!

Cheers Guys.

Yeah it is a fun project to get motivated to paint again.

Fimm I'll try and do a comparison shot at some point, but they aren't so different that you couldn't use them in the same army. The modern one just has a beefier gun and looks like his spent a bit more time down the gym. To be fair if I'd sacked the scenic base I reckon the new one would have fitted on a 25mm, but I quite liked the masonry.

symphonicpoet

I almost nabbed one of the first RT assassins on the Bay the other day. Those did come out well. The helmets look so Storm Troopery I'd have assumed you did a headswap if you hadn't pointed out the dates. Very nice!

Cheers mate! Yeah the helmets do look quite storm troopery now you mention it! I've got one of the old assassins, I'll do him at the end of this project I think! Then I can do a full family photo!

Cheers mate! These guys proved exceptionally versatile this weekend; there rifles were pretty handy at taking down everything from
Tanks to special characters

Back