Inchmurrin's Oldhammer fantasy gallery

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:19 pm

Inchmurrin's Oldhammer fantasy gallery

As I've decided to stop practicing and do some proper figures I thought I would start this thread as a home for them.

I'm in the process of doing a "How to do Oldhammer" project but to avoid project doldrums I knocked up a couple of singles from parts lying about in the pile for a bit of light relief. The first finished is a walking head like the one on page 61 of Slaves to Darkness. He is plastic made from an Ogre Head and goblin feet.

The colour scheme is influenced by Dark Eldar style but i think it works well enough. Comments most welcome.

Post Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Inchmurrin's Oldhammer fantasy gallery

that made me very happy!

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:17 pm

The other mini I worked on when avoiding the doldrums was a bits box special. I realised I had a 2nd generation bloodletter with a broken sword and the rear half of a fleshhound neither of which would be completed as standard. So I thought a centauroid might be of interest. Having finished it I was checking out old White Dwarfs and found a similar conversion in 118. Just shows that there is very little new in the world even the Oldhammer one. As always comments welcomed and encouraged.

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:18 pm

that's proper oldhammer!

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:59 am

Very nice conversions! I at first did not recognize that the walking head was made up of the 6th ed parts, but thought it a genuine sculpt. You might want to try some more washes and highlights on your models to make them pop, just a tip. (I can PM you some simple but effective paint sequences, just say the word.) That centauroid is deserving of a better paintjob, since the conversion seems so natural and seamless. Looking forward to see what you come up with next!

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Thanks for the comments.

Clansman I agree the highlighting is a little underdone. I'm old style and rely on drybrush rather than the more skilled approach of edge used currently, but sometimes I over do it and then over compensate. I'll take you up on your offer and PM.

More repairs and chaos oddness on the way.

Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:43 pm

My latest single to keep me going when involved in longer term projects.

An armoured wight, as usual this was a damaged model needing in this case a new sword.

Comments welcome.

By the way my "How to do Oldhammer " project is finished pics over at the thread.

Post Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:37 pm

My latest work is this scholar or maybe magician. I've no idea who he is or manufacturer he came in a job lot and has a well made MDF base with his round base set in. I added a green stuff tiled finish. The scenery is also new to me and any identification of the scholar and or the furniture would be very welcome.

Post Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:28 am

Book case is Ral Partha I believe. I'd assume the same of the altar but that would be a guess.

Post Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:54 pm

Next up a barbarian in the traditional fantasy sense. I'm unhappy with the painting of the winged helm but it is a pretty imprecise sculpt - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. As usual a weapon added as his was lost.

All comments welcome
Next

Return to Showroom